PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Airsnort

y2krog2000
22-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Does anyone use this and if they do will it get you most wep keys or just the ones of older routers?

Hitman
22-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi
Ive used airsnort and many others.

Most of the wep cracking software around is for linux and the good news is that its on the auditor cd (iso) which is free as far as i know.
Also this disc is preconfigured to use prism 2 and 2.5 chipset wifi cards.
This will run directly from the cd so no need to install linux on your system.
A pen drive or similar for storage is needed as you cant store files to your windows partition

I managed to crack the wep key of my old router (netgear)

I think that newer routers have a security feature that prevents this from happening....i tried to do a belkin too with no joy.

It took some time to sus it all out as you need to run 3 programs to crack wep.

The first sniffs for a type of packet that reveals a small amount of info about the wep key

When this key is found, the second program re-produces this packet and injects it back to the router which makes it send thousands of revealing packets.

Once you have enough packets you then use the last program to crack it.
This took me about 30 minuits to do

Cant remember the name of the programs now.

I think i may have a pre-configured version of airsnort or something similar to run on windows but you cant beat the auditor.

Get it here : Auditor main - Remote-exploit.org (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. What cards are you using?

y2krog2000
22-01-2007, 09:03 PM
You can get airsnort working on xp now was gonna stick it on the laptop for when im traveling anywere but 30 minutes is probably to long. Thought mabey this program would have got the info from the router as soon as it found the WiFi but wasnt sure.

Hitman
22-01-2007, 09:21 PM
If only it were that easy.....i have aircrack and airsnort for windows....i never managed to configure these programs to run on windows but i picked this one up pre-configured if you want it.

Its only possible to crack wep on a very busy network without injecting.

My opinion on this at the time was that it was,nt worth the hassle...and i dont think the newer wpa is crackable as yet.

y2krog2000
23-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for all the info, yea it looks like its a lot of time and bother for a wee bit of free internet. Got the hacking wireless networks for dummies e-book (to make your wireless network safer) and think I need to read it to understand a lot more. There are loads of links to wireless tools at the back of the book but as you already said a lot of them are for linux.