PDA

View Full Version : Config Files

Mrowley
22-01-2007, 10:35 AM
hello

Please could someone explain exactly what unreg.cm means (obviously unregististered but in what way?)because on saturday morning i was generating some macs and trying them out on a 250, with a forced cmbund03 config and all of the macs i created (using make macs v2), let me connect to the web and gave me a correct ip. Two hours later none of them would let me connect. could anyone explain why this happens?

Also im after the map with the mac zones and UBRs in UK cant find it in downloads any ideas anyone

Thanks in advance.

Mick

DessertDog
22-01-2007, 11:12 AM
put it into google and it will tell you

Magnu420
22-01-2007, 12:08 PM
un reg.cm means i thnk???lmited of servce pending completion meaning
it wont be working untill its registered withhe cable company

Mrowley
22-01-2007, 04:10 PM
thanks for the prompt reply(s)

I have searched google and all it tells me is that its an unregistered config file- which i kinda already knew, The question i wanted answering was, why could i access the internet on 8 (yes eight) different macs of which all were unreg.cm (but using forced 10mb config) they all gave me a propper ip and i could surf /download. then later that day none of them would connect,even though nothing had changed. why does this happen. surely if the mac / config are not registered i would get no service regardless of what time of day it was.. or what config i forced on to it.......

thanks again.

Cableguy69
22-01-2007, 10:40 PM
It's the config a modem has before it's registered by a N*L customer, basically this config will give you an IP ending between 248-255 only allowing you to access the N*L registration pages, no goodfor browsing.