PDA

View Full Version : netid problem

cavaliar786
11-06-2006, 05:57 PM
i have a 4000n box and i have been trying to set the netid for the box i tried all the files that are here to change the net id using a fun card but it it is still 09999 i been at it for 2 days can anyone advise me how to change the net id another way i read somehwere that it could be done using a jtag actually thats how i got the bk any help would be appreaciated
thanks in advance

ice2004
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
The funcard method is normally quite reliable if u know what ur doing. One mistake made by alot of people is to boot box up with card already in. This doesnt work. Boot box up check netid in eng menu and it should be 099999. Then insert funcard and it should automatically reboot box.

Hope this helps.

cavaliar786
11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
hi ice i only put the card in after i go into the eng menu and the box does reboot giving me err 11 and err 12 messages for a few min but its back to the same 09999 net id no change at all i did it 10 times but cant change the net id all

bammy
12-06-2006, 10:36 AM
If inserting the card causes the box to reboot then it sounds like you've programmed the funcard correctly - could be that the netid is being lost again when you unplug the box. Are you sure you have reinstalled the red jumper?

thesparky
12-06-2006, 11:19 AM
as above check the jumper its easy to put in on one pin and not both,
also chech the battery it should be about 3volts

astradaz
12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
i have a 4000n box and i have been trying to set the netid for the box i tried all the files that are here to change the net id using a fun card but it it is still 09999 i been at it for 2 days can anyone advise me how to change the net id another way i read somehwere that it could be done using a jtag actually thats how i got the bk any help would be appreaciated
thanks in advance

this is not my work and ive not tryed it i found if off another fourm have a look

this will only work with pace di 4000/4010 models.
first you pull the red jumper. make sure power suplly is off, then replace after a few seconds, then attach cabel feed and hold ch up and down on the front panel of the box, switch power supply on and go staight in to engineer menu, set default frequncy and symbol rate, check if signals ok, for both dvb & data. once done pull power then replace while holding down the service button under the stand by button, wait till box starts updating then let go, wait 2 to 3 mins and presto, ur net id is set. .........make sure no card is inserted while you do this....... no more libby!!!!!!!

thesparky
12-06-2006, 01:47 PM
this wont be the 4000 more like the 4001 as the 4000 doesnt auto set the netid