PDA

View Full Version : com possed

ALLSEEING
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
hi all,had a problem with pc,well i say had but it could still be there,here goes.
com was on all night every thing was fine.switched off and went out came back switched on and could not get on the net,reset modom still nothing,tried daughters and that was working fine,so not connection,rebooted and then desk top was changed and could not do anything with that,when i opened network connections folder dident show any thing in it,my spyware wasent working,or nod 32,wouldent let me burn any files i wanted to save or transfer to external hard drive.not even sys restore allso deleated sound drivers.started in safe mode and run spyware doc but dident find anything.how i got it back was installing operating were it says upgrade but have to install printer drivers again plus nod 32.dont trust sys but would like to know what happend,just in case?

fizsparky
11-06-2006, 07:17 PM
well, i aint an expert on computerz , but me prediction is u gt a rely bad virus or sommat, wot bout u?

ALLSEEING
12-06-2006, 10:25 AM
thats wat i thought,its running but there are still things that ant right,cant format until i get some stuff off it about 80 gigs worth,no ware to put it?

The-Wappy-One
12-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Well so long as things seem to be working for now but here is a little tip

1. grab this peice of software Ultimate Boot CD - Overview (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. even tho you haven't got any problems at the moment it will cover you incase something serious happens in the future and you can virus scan ect ect without needing windows ;)

2. When you reinstall your system again and all your fave programs and that installed (might take a day or so depends how many programs you use). use a program called norton ghost (Pm me if you want a copy) and make a image/snapshot of your system after the fresh install this way if the problem or similar orises again rather than taking a day to whipe and reinstall you can use norton ghost and and bring your system to that point again in less than a hour.

3. rather than backing up your 80gig of data what you could do is partitin your drive into 2 sections (not sure on your drive space)

C: 10 gig
and new partition
D:90gig

put all your back up data on drive d: (90gig drive)

and format c: with your windows install and reinstall windows.. then when windows is back up and running again use the partition program and merge the drives back together ;)

but there is a risk the partition might not work.. but the idea is there if you want to try it (its never failed for me) ;)

ALLSEEING
12-06-2006, 08:26 PM
thanks for the info,but still would like to know if any one els has incountered anything similer,like to know as much as poss because nothing picked it up,

boabness
12-06-2006, 08:55 PM
how do u not get an external hard drive and keep everything on there

ALLSEEING
12-06-2006, 09:47 PM
i got an external hard drive buts thats full as well,and when com was playing up it would not let you transfer any thing any where wouldent even let nero work.i should just get in the habbit of putting things on discs.just dont like getting rid of things.

The-Wappy-One
13-06-2006, 10:48 AM
i should just get in the habbit of putting things on discs.

lol i hear that every day.. i do it but the problem with me is i never lable the disk, so i have piles of disk's and i dont know whats on them lol. i have a DVD with all my old flash work on it and i spent a day looking for it only to find i used it as a coffe mat at some point (it had the coffee ring on) luckily it still worked.

as for your problem i'll have a look around and see if there are any viruses that cause the problems you were having.....

Im thinking it could have been a dodgy prog file ect ect rather than a virus... the main reason is viruses hide away so they allways there ready to get you (why a simple delete carn't remove some viruses) i guessing (as you diden't format the drive) you just reinstalled windows which overwright your files meaning your virus would still be on your pc.. aslo you have a virus scanner norton (not the best but still good) and it will constantly check all the files in use on your pc limmiting the chance of a attack.

Viruses are quiet common but you would be suppriesd how many people put problems down to viruses only to find out its caused by dodgy drivers files or programs...

agian i'll have a look for you and see what i can find. see if we can find what caused it ;)

boabness
13-06-2006, 11:03 AM
probably all the **** on your pc and external hard drive thats what saying clean me lol. mon spring has well gon so get it cleaned :bomb: :please:

ALLSEEING
13-06-2006, 01:32 PM
ya i got about 100 cds with things on and none has got anything wrote on it lol,i did run bps spyware adware remover,kept finding some files ,but when deleated kept reloading,so i did the scan in safe mode and that got rid of them i checked the folders and there gone.oh and iam cleaning me **** as we speak,lol

satansoft
18-06-2006, 12:21 AM
In my experience, your system is probably overrun with redundant DLL files and system files from improper installs, your drive is probably fragmented like a biatch, and all it really needs is a good format and reinstall. . .

And like the other guy says, partition your hard drive so you got a storage partition. That way, if you need to reinstall again, you can drag all your important files onto the storage partition before you format c

ALLSEEING
18-06-2006, 10:58 AM
thanks ive just about got most of the stuff i need off so a format its going to get.