PDA

View Full Version : PS3 controllers can't vibrate because they are flimsy

bricker
11-06-2006, 02:42 PM
THE OUTFIT which took Sony to the cleaners for nicking its vibrating controller, Immersion, says that removing the technology from the PS3 was a backward step.
Sony said that the reason that its new controller can't vibrate is because it interferes with the technology which allows you to interact by waving it about.
However, according to Immersion boss Victor Viegas, the problem is because the controller is too light and flimsy.
A lot of the developers who had built vibration into the PS2 were also disappointed that the technology had been removed, he said.
To be fair to Sony, Viegas has managed to extract $90 million in a lawsuit against the Japanese corporation, for using its patented vibrating controller idea.
Losing that sort of money could make a lot of people go off the idea

leeuk
18-06-2006, 12:28 PM
so no vibraition on the ps3 controllers then not good

jedi_ringo
20-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Sony are in dispute with the company that make the sensors
microsoft now own 10% of the comapny in question 'Immersion'.

Really think its a big blow for sony as they have stated no games will support rumble from a 3rd party joypad maker!

Going miss you Tekken (really really going to miss you), but i'm gonna have to stick with 360 now

fizsparky
20-06-2006, 04:15 PM
well, have 2 get da 360 den

tiko123
21-06-2006, 05:48 PM
ps3 is taking too long to come out and i feel, sadly that microsoft has made a coup on the early 360 release...online gaming is gonna be big and 360 currently is making a lot of converts. customer loyalty swings, or the lack of will supprise Sony.

baggy69
22-06-2006, 08:22 PM
dont you think the movement joypad will make up for this?

tiko123
24-06-2006, 09:35 AM
the movement joypad is slightly over blown market hype..yes is does add to the play factor, but sure a lot will depend on how well the coders program this into the whole game experience...what works for one game might not work for another...sometimes i feel its starting to get like those oner gadgeted cars we all buy...too many gizmos we pay for but dont really need nor use often enough

popshopper
03-07-2006, 09:25 AM
I had a movement joypad for my pc back in 2001, it wasn't very good, the main problem being how you hold a dual shock style pad, isn't suited to movement aspects of the controller

aporter1985
30-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I think it will be sorted for release. Surely!

Shipoftheline
30-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Yea they just finished one http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots/lego1_small.jpg

No I think the old style PS2 controllers will be used too

http://www.digitaltechnews.com/news/images/playstation_3.jpg

steve07951
30-07-2006, 03:29 PM
they are using ps2 controlers so they will vibe and they are wireless

Shipoftheline
30-07-2006, 03:32 PM
they are using ps2 controlers so they will vibe and they are wireless

Is that a definite or are they gonna do C packages
http://www.ps3power.com/images/images/ps3_f.jpg

CaDaJa
09-08-2006, 05:29 PM
When you talk about waving the controllers about interfering with the vibration does this mean that the PS3 controllers will be gyroscopic? I heard a rumour they would be but nothing definite. If so then in theory at least that means they will be able to produce a steering wheel which is not fixed in any way and can simply be held in any old armchair - that would be cool!

BairnsRus
09-08-2006, 07:25 PM
When is the ps3 to released in the UK?

aslam
24-08-2006, 09:17 AM
in terms of a stearing whell yes it cna mean that exactly. but it may be a while before we see that.
as per the main controller it will not have the vibe as per the lawsuit. saying it interfears is a marketing ploy to cover the lawsuit up. anyway in the future there is not reason why they may not add it. Duall shock was fist introduced in the playstation 1 and i was after the console had been out for a while.

groovyleigh
30-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Its a heavy blow for all of the fans out there, including myself who like the vibration controler, im sure that Sony will work a way around this as im sure that they know that people will be disapointed if they dont