PDA

View Full Version : copying discs

jamiethorpe1980
17-01-2007, 09:13 PM
i am trying to copy a dvd but nero keeps coming up with errors is there any other programs i can use to copy these dvds

Lainie
17-01-2007, 09:17 PM
dozens of programmes out there - cdrwin, discjuggler to name a few you can download trial versions of most to try em out but im sure one of the lads will know a lot more than me

fergalsworld
17-01-2007, 09:24 PM
i am trying to copy a dvd but nero keeps coming up with errors is there any other programs i can use to copy these dvds
What are the errors that nero comes up with
Is the dvd a original bought one or a copy.

Jango
18-01-2007, 09:27 AM

I use Nero daily (version 6) for burning disks, I find it a cracking tool but do get the odd error often related to how the disk has been created and may not work when played. If I ignore the error and continue the burn I can say I've never had a disk that wouldn't play. As well as answering the previous post, ensure that you have any service packs that nero often offers, this solved a very early issue I had when I loaded on my laptop. Hope this helps.

y2krog2000
18-01-2007, 09:38 AM
It depends what the errors are saying if its an original dvd with copy protection on it then you will need to use dvd shrink with it if its not then its probably the type of dvds that you are using, are you able to burn cds ok? try using defferent dvds or you could try burning at a different speed I always burn at 4x because the other speeds sometimes cause errors for me.

davidwal
19-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Try DVD clone, it should work.
Thanks: SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD (http://www.slysoft.com)

sagatr
30-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I like alcohol 120%

The-Wappy-One
31-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Movies

DVD Shrink i heard doesn't work with some (not many but some) dvd's but for myself i use

SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AnyDVD with CloneDVD i've never found a dvd it hasn't backed up and with high compressions of 45+% it is still good quality at 70% its excelent quality ;)

Data

i use Nero and Alcohol 120% mainly the latter for straight backups and again never had a problem

krazylegz
31-01-2007, 01:35 AM
clone dvd is the best choice if the files are in vob_format. alcohol the best if in a iso format and for copying fully encrypted dvd's, dvd x copy platinum is the boy,copys dvds exactly the same as they are has compression built in and bypasses copyright,and best of all on the fly.delets all it's temp files after it's finished

relifex
17-02-2007, 03:02 PM
For me, dvd decrypter and dvd shrink does 99% and for the others use ripit4me to work alongside dvdv decrypter to unlock the problem areas :-).

R.

5 Inch
18-02-2007, 02:30 PM
cant fault clonedvd

foggyuk
26-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Try going to dvdrhelp wealth of information on that site....hope this helps

mickyrobbo
28-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Anydvd is the best to use I used dvdshrink for a long time but the newer dvd,s can not be done by it,anydvd just runs in the backround and every time you put in a dvd you just right click on the short cut in the tool bar and rip it to your hard drive,then burn the files with dvd clone,your fist burn will take about half an hour and if you want another one its takes you half that time..after dvdclone has sorted the first of your files, it just rips to your dvd burner straight away.

Collider
28-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Try To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Pretty much the same as decrypter but it has updates and this for some reason works on my laptop as decrypter doesnt ;)

medelec35
11-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I have used with great success: DVDFAB platinum.
Some films like monster house and flight plan have good copy protection, but DVDfab got round that. Also is does the same thing as DVD shrink IE compresses full DVD9 into DVD5.
Difficult to spot loss in quality (or is that just my T.V lol)

callisto11
12-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I have used with great success: DVDFAB platinum.

Yeah, I would agree with medelec35, DVDFab Platimun (or DVDFab Decrypter which is the free version) is the way to go.
Both DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter have stopped being developed and will not cope with some of the newer DVDs. The reason that some DVDs will play, but not copy, is that garbage is inserted into some of the files, but these files are not part of the menuing system so they are never accessed by the DVD player. However, these files are read by the computer when the disk is copied, and that confuses the decryption program and so the copy fails.

Geo
17-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Click on (Start Menu)
Then click (My Computer)
Then RIGHT!! click (CD or DVD Drive)
Select (Properties)
Then (Recording)
And make sure the box is ticked (Enable CD Recording on this drive)
;o)_

ropete
25-04-2007, 09:42 PM
1 click dvd copy.excellent.if you got a dvd rom drive as well as a rewriter.then this program will burn to disc within 40minutes.no problems,just 2 clicks and you are done.buy it or look on a torrent site.

Wicklow
26-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Dvddecryptor and dvd2one or try DVD Fab Platinum very easy to use and great results

chixstaa
30-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Use ANYDVD

Read and compress using DVDSHRINK

Write using NERO

Always worked for me!