PDA

View Full Version : Linksys Help

DanMB
17-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Hello

Im having a problem when trying to use my linksys web interface, see image
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Ive tried in both firefox and internet exploder still the same. Ive tried hard resetting, turning it of then back again.

Any help appreciated thank you.

y2krog2000
17-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Your best of just talking to linksys Live Assistance (http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/live_request.php) thats online live chat they should be able to tell you what to do.

DanMB
17-01-2007, 11:36 PM
34 in que cba to wait.

silid
18-01-2007, 10:30 AM
what version WRT54GS is it?

i'd try flashing a new firmware (if the interface gives you that much ability?)

Linksys.com – Support/Technical Support/Downloads (http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115416835852&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper)

DanMB
18-01-2007, 10:32 AM
He told me its version 6, its not actually mine its a friends and i owe him a favour. He sent me the screenshot because he doesn't join forums he doesn't like giving his email address out.

icemanv3
21-01-2007, 02:38 PM
on the back there is a reset button on the router,

hold that in for 30 seconds with the power on then let go, this will hard reset the device.

However it will lose all the settings you have on there.

With regards to flashing the firmware with a custom one, I don't think V6 routers are compatiable as linksys stopped using UNIX and started using their own system.

Linksysinfo (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. is a good site for any linksys questions

Gingy
29-01-2007, 12:28 AM
I use one of those myself - out of curiosity are you connecting it to the PC via USB or ethernet and if you are going through the USB try to put it directly into an available port rather than a hub. I did have problems trying to get the PC to even install mine when trying it through USB.