PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Pain For Shilpa

Timoweb
17-01-2007, 12:32 PM
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1489766.jpgThe mother of Big Brother bully victim Shilpa Shetty has told Sky News of her pain at watching her daughter being abused on TV.
Speaking exclusively to Sky News, Sunanda Shetty said she was praying her daughter would be evicted from the show on Friday.
TV watchdog Ofcom has said it has received 13,000 complaints from viewers angry at the treatment of the Bollywood star by other contestants - the figure is almost twice as much as the previous record for complaints about at TV programme.
Email death threats to the contestants have also been received.
Speaking from her home in Mumbai (Bombay), Mrs Shetty said she had never seen her daughter cry before.
"As a mother I find it it very painful and alarming to watch my daughter cry," she said.
"To see her cry on TV while a bunch of people abuse her is very painful thing for a parent.
"I have never seen her cry, maybe when has been heartbroken, but she's normally a very happy person."
She said her daughter decided to do the Channel 4 show as an "experiment".
"She did not have to do it, she is a film star," she said. "Perhaps the experience will give her personal growth."

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1489262.jpgBB celebrity: Jade Goody Complaints began to flood in to Channel 4 after Jade Goody, her mother Jackiey Budden, Jack Tweed, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara allegedly began bullying the Indian actress.
Monday night's show saw them mock her attempt to roast a chicken and initially refuse to eat it, claiming she had not cooked it properly.
Jo did impressions of Shilpa's Indian accent and complained the actress had touched housemates' food with her hands.
"They eat with their hands in India, don't they - or is that China?" asked Danielle.
The star's treatment at the hands of her housemates is in stark contrast to the reception she receives in India. There she is a household name thanks to her Bollywood films.
Sky News' Alex Crawford, who interviewed Mrs Shetty, said: "It is like Cameron Diaz going into the Big Brother house. Shilpa is very well know in India and is treated with a lot of respect and affection.
"She is one of India's biggest hitters. The alleged abuse is getting big coverage out here."

y2krog2000
17-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Most of the blame is on Teddy Sherringhams girlfriends shoulders I think that she is jealous because Shilpa is talented and is as good looking if not better looking than she is and she is only famous for being a wag and cheating her way to the Miss Great Britain crown. I would be surprised if Sherringham stayed with her after watching the way she behaves on big brother she looks nice on the outside but is very ugly on the inside. There is always going to be some people who you dont get on with if your locked up with them 24/7 but thats no reason to be ignorant and rude, I think they will be surprised when they leave and they get booed and Shilpa dosent.

Shipoftheline
17-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Shilpa hasn't helped herself either sometimes I have to switch over when she goes on one

AFZAL2005
17-01-2007, 01:16 PM
The tension between shilpa and the others is excellent viewing, everyone is forgetting that shilpa is a proffesional actress i think their is more to her than she is showing!

y2krog2000
17-01-2007, 01:21 PM
What about Jade Goodies boy telling Shilpa to clean the toilet with her teeth, im surprised one of the other housemates didnt kick him all round the room, he is a skinny wee runt who hasnt got a personality and thinks he is big picking on someone who is going through a tough time.

Hunter
17-01-2007, 01:25 PM
to be honest i dont think this will go to the end
i recon there gonna have to stop it with all this publicity goin on

sparksofscotland
17-01-2007, 01:34 PM
yea Danielle is the on stirring it up. she thought she was gonna be the young good looking one until shilpa walked through the doors. dont get me wrong dannielles good looking in a chavvy kinda way but shilpa has class and is stunning. jackie (jades mum) was borderline racist but the rest are just shallow, narrow minded bullys! it is good viewing tho :)

AFZAL2005
17-01-2007, 01:41 PM
What about Jade Goodies boy telling Shilpa to clean the toilet with her teeth, im surprised one of the other housemates didnt kick him all round the room, he is a skinny wee runt who hasnt got a personality and thinks he is big picking on someone who is going through a tough time.
lol hes so bland i forget hes even in the house , what he needs is a good slap!

Shipoftheline
17-01-2007, 02:53 PM

Not really racist though is it I think he's just been hanging with the bitch's of eastwick too much

Shipoftheline
17-01-2007, 02:54 PM
lol hes so bland i forget hes even in the house , what he needs is a good slap!

Slap or Sla_ oh he's already got one of those lol

y2krog2000
17-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Not really racist though is it I think he's just been hanging with the bitch's of eastwick too much

Aye I dont think it is racist just jealous of her and they are that stupid they cant understand her culture, if there was a tv in the house im sure they would all get on fine but there isn't and they probably have got nothing in common with each other so by picking on Shilpa they give themselves something to talk to each other about. Sheringhams bird is the most 2 faced person that has ever been on big brother and thats saying something.

shussa35
17-01-2007, 05:34 PM
channel 4 ratings have rocketed up but a line needs to been drawn and some of the comments that have been aired are totally unacceptable. With the attension the show is getting soemone needs to step in and put an end to it. Some people will do anything to win ( win at all cost) ,

Perfectionist
17-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Shilpa is sex on legs :D
From what I've read, there is little if anything going on .... it's the media blowing it all out of proportion to sell papers and get TV ratings .....
So one of them mimicked an Indian accent, and another called her a dog, and another said the chicken she cooked was still raw ...... I've heard worse in a school playground !!
PS - Did I mention that Shilpa is sex on legs ?? :D

Lainie
17-01-2007, 09:59 PM
err aye you mentioned it just the once i think. i not seen much of it this week but i did see a bit last nite and shipla wanted a servant to run after her and get her towels etc. a quick wash she was mean to have as they are all filthy she was in there for ages no wonder the girls were loosing their tempers why did she need the shower all to herself anyway when they all needed a wash? is she hiding something?????????

lmao

:help: :help:

DessertDog
17-01-2007, 10:23 PM
From what I've read, there is little if anything going on .... it's the media blowing it all out of proportion to sell papers and get TV ratings .....
So one of them mimicked an Indian accent, and another called her a dog, and another said the chicken she cooked was still raw ...... I've heard worse in a school playground !!
PS - Did I mention that Shilpa is sex on legs ?? :D
I agree 100% with your comments m8

Miss L
17-01-2007, 10:39 PM
after just watching bb now i dont think its racist but i do think jade is picking on shilpa.jade has to remember when she first went into bb she was a fat little nobody and if i remember correctly the house mates picked on her and she didnt like it, just because shes got money now she thinks it ok to do the same and as for daniella i cant stand her she just eggs jade on. well theres my rant for the day:imnew:

alyas786
18-01-2007, 12:37 AM
wat did shilpa find in BB any way i think its rubbish shilpa took the money for this she new wat was gonna heppen in this show i have seen soem episods and feel sorry for her but she asked for it and shes getting it i think she should just quite.

Miss L
18-01-2007, 08:15 AM
wat did shilpa find in BB any way i think its rubbish shilpa took the money for this she new wat was gonna heppen in this show i have seen soem episods and feel sorry for her but she asked for it and shes getting it i think she should just quite.
im sure shilpa didnt know she gonna be bullied and i dont think anybody asks to be either:(

Shipoftheline
18-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Keith Vaz made me laugh on Skynews last night. He was asked what upset him and he said he couldn't repeat it but I suspect he hasn't even watched the show. Some people just aren't happy unless they complain

y2krog2000
18-01-2007, 09:09 AM
i did see a bit last nite and shipla wanted a servant to run after her and get her towels etc. a quick wash she was mean to have as they are all filthy she was in there for ages no wonder the girls were loosing their tempers why did she need the shower all to herself anyway when they all needed a wash? is she hiding something?????????
:help: :help:

Shilpa didnt take ages in the shower she was in it for 3 minutes and the girls only started complaining about how long she was in the shower when they found out it was her in the shower and jo said everything she does agrivates me, the reason why she needed someone to get her a towel was because she was in such a rush and Sherringhams wag gave her a dirty towel that was lying on the ground and not the one she asked for. Shilpa used to run around after them all day so asking for someone to send her in a towel when she was naked in the shower isnt to much to ask, as far as im aware none of the other girls or boys showered together so I dont think Shilpa should have.

sparksofscotland
18-01-2007, 01:37 PM
i feel sorry for shilpa but dont think she helped herself last night. she should have laughed in jade goodys face. and oh my god have you seen the size of jades gob? its bigger than the mersey tunnel!!

ash786
18-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Jads mouth yes its bloody big god knows wat shes been putting in her mouth and how it got big i thinks its B**** jobs

y2krog2000
18-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Jads mouth yes its bloody big god knows wat shes been putting in her mouth and how it got big i thinks its B**** jobs

Your right she done that when she was on BB the first time.

Timoweb
18-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Big Brother sponsor suspends deal

Carphone Warehouse has suspended sponsorship of Celebrity Big Brother following allegations of racism toward actress Shilpa Shetty on the C4 show.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42461000/jpg/_42461177_jade_pa203b.jpgDont they all look nice and happy.

y2krog2000
18-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Watching it live there and BB is making the housemates go around the house and collect things and bring them to the diary room, big brother usualy do this on the final day so mabey they are going to end it early.

Timoweb
18-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Hot seen BB for the past 2 days but it sounds like it has all got out off hand. Hope they dont end it early, i would like to see it finnish normaly.

sparksofscotland
18-01-2007, 05:59 PM
yea i hope it finishes normally too. jade wont get her come uppance if she doesnt get evicted and have to listen to the boos. hope her tv career is over now! muppet that she is!

AFZAL2005
19-01-2007, 04:18 PM
There isnt going to be a live crowd for the eviction! so jade can slip away quietly, this sis ridiculous i was waiting to see her get booed! SO NOT FAIR

Shipoftheline
19-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Last time they had no crowd her mother was evicted which made me think they new before hand who was going and I suspect thats the case tonight

AFZAL2005
19-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Last time they had no crowd her mother was evicted which made me think they new before hand who was going and I suspect thats the case tonight
Yeah its gonna be jade 4 sure, but forget jade whats gonna be interstin is when shes gone how willl joe and danielle be wilt shilpa, any views?

Shipoftheline
19-01-2007, 05:15 PM
whats gonna be interstin is when shes gone how willl joe and danielle be wilt shilpa, any views?

I can't stand shilpa but according to the media (sheep follow sheep) your racist by doing that

AFZAL2005
19-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I dont like shilpa either shes annoying, and i dont think jade was being rascist but comments from danielle such as she shoudl f*ck of home are clearly rascist, but even being rascist is fine people are entiltied to their own veiws and opinions. I think what has got most people upset is that the BB organisers are activley editing to show bullying and rascism just to boost veiwing, and its working I wiill definetley be watching tonight!

kryten77
20-01-2007, 04:21 AM
I digress a little here but why hasnt anyone commented on Jermain Jackson's "White trash" outburst to the one-armed lesbo...Is that not racist.....

This series of Celeb BB was designed from the start for confrontation and aggro.
The house was totally redesigned with input from psychiatrists and psychologists to set people on edge.They didnt exactly contact Mensa for contestants either did they.
They have got what they wanted , a ratings winner and as much press as they can handle. Job done for the BB back room staff.
The editing and portrayal of some of the so called celebs has been brilliant as well. Doesnt matter what you are like in there . Once the editing starts they can make you look any way they like

y2krog2000
20-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I digress a little here but why hasnt anyone commented on Jermain Jackson's "White trash" outburst to the one-armed lesbo...Is that not racist.....

I agree its the only thing that someone said that is 100% racist and Jermain will probably get a warm welcome.

jimbob
23-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten77

I agree its the only thing that someone said that is 100% racist and Jermain will probably get a warm welcome.

Ok I've not been watching this (Just back from travels) but I just caught up on some of this, and I know this subject is probably dead and buried now but, here is my 2 cents.

Jermain's statement will go unchecked as the term racism is usually applied to the dominant group in a society, because it is that group which has the means to oppress others. As Jermain is black, it will slip past a lot of peoples radar. I'm not stating this as a fact or a racist comment on my part. This is just a line I remember from reading a paper on racism by Barbara Field that does seem to hold water.

I also disagree with it's the only "100% racist" comment made though.

An example of some of the comments are: Danielle saying Shilpa should f*** off home (i.e. back to India), Jade calling her 'Shilpa Poppadum' and on another occasion 'Shilpa F****awalla'.

You have to remember that racism isn't just about spouting hate and prejudice towards one race. Racial discrimination is treating people differently based on race. I find this whole race debate is actually showing how ignorant we are as a nation with people arguing if they are racist comments or not. Even the mother with comments "the Indian" is racist. Remember xenophobia (fear of foreigners), is also a form of racism.

Regards

J.