PDA

View Full Version : back boiler thermostat?

krazylegz
17-01-2007, 12:55 AM
guys av just a quickie. i cant afford a combi yet till after my wedding in august so gotta put up with back boiler.

my problem is that the thermostat is in the warmest place of the house as when the waters on it heats the upstairs radiators up:( and thermostat is on the landing. i wanna move it downstairs but just wanna where the wire leads to from the thermo? is is stright to the back boiler itself?

as it's a nightmare it doesnt usually click on till about 25c so it makes the radiators red hot. so it's either cold or red hot in here

fergalsworld
17-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Not to sure about the wiring i think it goes straight to the back boiler
You could just put some thermostat valves on the radiators and govern the temperture that way.

17-01-2007, 01:21 AM
if you got a back boiler you can repair them well only a few as the dont make them i would think you boiler is linked upto the gas fire if so you cant get them fixed

lfckev
17-01-2007, 03:54 AM
the wiring from your thermostat will go in to a 10way junction box and loop with your divertor valve should be close to your cylinder

krazylegz
17-01-2007, 09:29 AM
ok cheers lads for the info al see if i can move it till i can i can afford a combi

rom10
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
it s not the back boiler the termo is on right but i think your problem is the termo on the wall is faulty try replacing first then one thermo on rad one side only nothing to do with back boiler or distribtor