PDA

View Full Version : for newbies after a dbox2

blueice14
14-01-2007, 10:37 PM
hi people
im hope im not breaking any rules posting this (if so i apologise and im sure one of the moderators will delete asap),
Anyways, its no secret that the prices of dboxs seem to be increasing daily and the ever popular auction site seems to have become a bidding war zone recently........ive been tracking dboxs on eeeebay for about two weeks now and it seems that you can end up paying up to about 120quid plus about 222quid on p&p..............ok im gonna stop lecturing on and say if you look carefully there is a seller who seems to have alot of these boxes on auction but he also has one advert with a buy it now price of 100quid + 22quid p&p(look carefully its on there), anyways i have just purchased yet another one today and can recommend that if your after a dbox2 sooner rather than later this may be the best option to go for as there are just way to many bidders that are hungery for one of these and they just keep bidding like there on drugs..... hope this helps if not, oh well thanks for reading anyway, just trying to do my bit.....

krazylegz
14-01-2007, 10:44 PM
someone would have to be daft to pay that for a dbox which some are over 8 years old now when you can get a dreambox for that which are half the size,twice as powerful brand new with a 12month warranty

blueice14
14-01-2007, 10:55 PM
guess your a dreambox fan then krazylegz..lol
well i have a dbox and a dm500c - just bought the dbox for my friend who doesnt have an ebay a/c. however as i havent yet had loads of experience with teh dm500 i gotta give heads up for the dbox2, but im sure all in good time i will be praising the dm500 just as much..

laserbrain
15-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Hang on I'm getting confused here I thought a DBox was a DreamBox ?? and a DBox 2 was a DreamBox 2 ?

Can you please suggest best box to buy

kryten77
16-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Have a read through the forums mate. This one has been flogged to death.Bottom line is you pay your money and make your choice. Dbox2's are older and stuff for them is everywhere on the site. Dreamboxes are newer ,smaller,faster processers and again stuff for them is also available around here somewhere ;). So get your hand in your pocket , take out your money and take the plunge.

blueice14
16-01-2007, 08:19 PM
and get the drinks in too.........lol

laserbrain
23-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Ok I'll get them in , and your right I should spend more time looking around in here, but there is sooooo much info.

I'll go for a Dreambox. Now just a quickie when the keys roll or a cable company attempts to send data to write to the write once area of a standard cablebox card, does this have any effect on the Dreambox?

Do they or can they block the Dreambox in anyway? Am I going to end up updating the image on the box all the time, if so how long on average does each image last. Or do they auto update ?

DessertDog
23-01-2007, 10:21 AM
no
yes only by changing the encrption i think
no depends on what image you use
Use the most upto date one you can

I am now closing this thread as this section is not for questions read the heading