PDA

View Full Version : IE7 and SSL Certs

laserbrain
14-01-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm having problems with SSL certificates, mainly on internal sites or things like webjetadmin.

They come up with the error 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate.'

Of Course I can continue to the web page but is there any way to turn this off for certain sites or can someone please explain how to get around the error message.

Any help much appreciated.

y2krog2000
14-01-2007, 04:55 PM
At the top click tools phishing filter and turn off automatic website checking that should work.

Sicilian
14-01-2007, 05:41 PM
That phishing filter is a pain in the arse.

Shipoftheline
14-01-2007, 06:12 PM

its for noobs that don't have a clue really.

Declan
15-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Lucky you, im landed with norton 2007 phishing filter, seems every site is not fraudulent Yey :)

laserbrain
15-01-2007, 10:49 PM
disabling the phising option doesn't work. local intranet sites or ones you connect to through just an ip address for instance still come up with the warning.

Is there any way to approve or trust these sites / addresses so that IE7 doesn't display the warning page.

I've looked everywhere for answers. Seems the cert must requested and paid for ?

Sorry I can't believe thatis the only solution !

crm
19-02-2007, 01:38 AM
heres one i came accross the other day, and is really simple, check the date and time and year are correct on your computer as if they are wrong then when the pc queries the server for the certificate details it realises it isnt valid as the pc is still in the past, simple yet effective