PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Eurovox Max?

cat123
13-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi there I have a Eurovox Max myself, but my uncle was looking for one aswell but I went on to ebay to get him one and they are out of stock everywhere unless you want to pay ?199.99. I am looking for a reliable alternative to the Eurovox Max, plug and play, no hassle set up preferably.
I knoww about the starview but have alot of problems with this box, and I had a replay box which was ****e so not sure about a replay lite and was thinking the dreambox was maybe to advanced for him as he just wants to watch tv nnothing fancy.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

dutch_andy
14-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I been running a Starview now for 1 month. I have found it veryt easy to use and cant fault it, Pluged it in scanned for all channels turn "EMU" on and all the channels were there 250+

I have found "Starview" to have big following and lots of backup and support.

I got mine for around the ?100 and I would say it represents good value.

EPG is not the best, but I use a website at the moment

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. List Terestrial, Sky, Sports, Movies Etc

cat123
14-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the reply m8, I'm gonna get one of the starview boxes. It seems they are the next best thing to the Eurovox Max.

Cheers for your help.

hotbaws
14-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Just thought I'd add my tuppence worth...

I recently bought a replay lite box and i'm very impressed with it. The size and ease of use is a big plus. The only downside is the EPG guide which is similar to most freeview boxes. I don't really like them however this is probably due to me being a custom to the dbox2 epg which is brilliant!

Anyway the reason I have made a jump from dbox2 to something else is because the dbox2's are getting more and more scarce and I have lots of friends who are interested in these types of boxes so I was the guinea pig and jumped in first!

So all in all, I am happy at the moment. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Regards,

Hotbaws.