PDA

View Full Version : Eight held over hammer attack on school boy

Shipoftheline
12-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Eight men have been arrested after a boy was left with head injuries in a hammer attack at his school.

The headmaster said he could not understand why anyone would use such "extreme violence" against one of his pupils.

Steve Colledge said a gang of at least four Asian men came across the tennis courts at the Ridgeway School in Wroughton, near Swindon, and attacked the boy. He was left in a pool of blood.

The attack, which happened just before 4pm yesterday, left pupils and parents "stunned and shocked", he added.

The 15-year-old has been described as "comfortable" after receiving treatment in hospital.

Eight men were arrested yesterday. The boy was set upon at the end of the school day by a gang who local sources said were the family of another pupil at the comprehensive school. He was said to have been held down and hit with a hammer.

Mr Colledge said he was on patrol in the school grounds when the boy, who is white and in year 11, was attacked.

"After school had ended for the day and pupils were exiting the premises at least four young adults unknown to the school came into the tennis courts and attacked the pupil, we believe with something similar to a hammer," he said.

He said he understood that the boy had been hit more than once and was "bleeding profusely but conscious at all times and able to help get himself on to the paramedic's stretcher".

"Clearly it's such a shocking incident and everybody has been very helpful in identifying the perpetrators of the incident to police," he added.

"The car was quickly identified and given to the police who I believe have now detained eight men. When he was at the school he was speaking and able to tell us what had happened and we were able to talk to him. His mum and dad arrived before he went off in the ambulance, I imagine they are very upset."

Counselling for pupils who witnessed the incident would be offered if needed. He said although he was aware there had been a similar type of incident at the school before he took up his role as headmaster in September, generally race relations between pupils at the school were good.

"Relations seem to be very good and pupils mix, play football and chat together."

But Mr Colledge had heard the attackers were relatives of a pupil at the school. He said: "If that's the case I think it's even more sad.

"It's not the sort of incident you would expect to happen anywhere really and it's very hard to understand why such extreme violence would be used."

He also appealed for pupils not to take matters into their own hands.

"We will talk to pupils about responding responsibly and sensibly to what has happened," he said.

The teenager is being treated at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon. A spokesman said: "He has been treated and is comfortable." Ridgeway School has about 1,450 pupils aged 11 to 18.

A mother, who did not wish to be named for fear her son could be targeted, said she had heard there had been previous racially aggravated incidents at the school.

She believes children walking home from school were the subject of verbal and physical abuse from relations of Asian pupils at the school. She said that she had emailed the headmaster and planned, with others, to talk to him today "because I don't want my son to go back until it is resolved".

Diablo13
13-01-2007, 08:52 AM
I saw this on the news yesterday. I would have said that it was unbelievable the level of violence inflicted by FOUR adults on an 11 year old and that they felt it necessary to use a weapon to do it. I would have said that not so long ago, but now it's just another incident which seems to occur almost daily in sick Britain.
We don't know if it was racially motivated for certain but the implications are that it was. Have things now come full circle, from the days of skinheads attacking Pakistani's and Indians for "fun" which I perhaps nievely thought was a thing of the past? Is this now retalliation for those days? Or is it the culture of terrorism and world conflicts being shown on 24 hour news bulletins that is now filtering down to the next generation at playground level?
One thing that seems clear to me is that the pipe dream of a fully integrated non racial, non sectarian, multicultural Britain was just that, a pipe dream and that it will never work either now or in the future. After all things don't seem to have changed much in the 30 odd years since I was at school, so there does'nt seem to me to be much hope of a radical change in the next 30 odd years, unfortunately. In fact things seem to have got worse as bullying etc, although it went on, was not as vicious or psychologically damaging as it seems to be now? It usually ended in a quick punch up at playtime in the yard and was usually sorted out much faster and more efficiently by the kids themselves. Either without adult interferance, or with a quick caning for both parties. :confused:

jvoh
18-01-2007, 07:16 PM
happens all too often

kryten77
19-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Best quote i have seen so far is that the authorities dont know if it was racially motivated...oh yeah ! if it was the other way about it would have been portrayed all over the news as a race attack. We are becoming far too PC for my liking. It is a brilliant idea for everyone to live in peace and harmony, but get the binoculars out and look for three wise men coming from the east because you will see them before we have a fully integrated society in Britain. There are far too many "pressure groups" and steering committees , too many people who cant or wont see that society in Britain is fragmenting and polarising in front of their eyes. There are too many "ethnic ghettos", people who cant/wont adopt the customs and way of life in Britain. I am all for people worshipping their own god in their own way, all for people recognising and cherishing their origins but when it is then forced upon others in the guise of Political Correctness then my tolerance and regard for other peoples way of life diminishes at the same rate as theirs does for mine.

Diablo13
25-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I have to agree with kryten77 word for word. excellent post m8 I could not have put it better myself. Todays trend is to be so politically correct and worry about upsetting someones beliefes that you cant say anything without upsetting sombody. We used to just disagree with someones point of view and discuss why. Nowadays once you have disagreed its a major incident because it classed as sexist, ageist, racist, anti semitic, antidisestablishmentarianism, or some other ant.
Meanwhile as we worry about hurting someones feelings, they laugh and run roughshod over ours. We need to stop worrying so much about minor differences and concentrate more on positive action to stop the rapid decline of society as we know it. If not we will all keep quiet and be overrun by the strongest and most immoral and amoral people in society and then we will claim we did'nt see it coming. We suffer from voluntary blindness as far as societies decline is concerned and we will all live (or not) to regret it.
That is after all how Hitler came to power.

ash786
25-01-2007, 06:45 PM
8 adults on an poor 11 year old boy with an hammer thats out order i think they should be hanged by where it hurts is thewse people have any guts why not pick on they own size it doesn't matter wat colour or wat raice are you this doesnot count in humanity they are bloody animals i would say.

ghost_deini
26-01-2007, 12:37 AM
damn thats crazy, held down and hit with a hammer....
i bet it had something to with drugs

Perfectionist
26-01-2007, 05:03 PM
There has to be reason for it ....... probably the kid was the local Chav hoodlum ........ who got what was coming to him ......

I know it's callous to think about beating the crapola out of an 11 year old kid ...... but some of these little ****s need some sense knocked in to them ....... and a damn good hiding is all they understand nowadays ......

Shipoftheline
26-01-2007, 05:06 PM
There has to be reason for it ....... probably the kid was the local Chav hoodlum ........ who got what was coming to him ......
I know it's callous to think about beating the crapola out of an 11 year old kid ...... but some of these little ****s need some sense knocked in to them ....... and a damn good hiding is all they understand nowadays ......

There was no reason behind this one
Scotsman.com News - 'Boy snatched off street, set alight and murdered for being white' (http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1478452006)

Diablo13
26-01-2007, 08:45 PM
While I grant you some kids are completely out of control, but the level of violence from adults on an 11 year old is pathetic. How threatening can one 11 year old boy be, no matter what he's done and there is no evidence that he did anything. These random attacks seem to have happened to other kids at that school as well. from what I heard it souinds racist to me?

Collider
26-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Worlds gone mad i tell u

Diablo13
15-02-2007, 04:34 AM
There was no reason behind this one
Scotsman.com News - 'Boy snatched off street, set alight and murdered for being white' (http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1478452006)

What a cruel and evil attack and murder, just because this pratt had his ego dented. I dont know why but the pure viciousness of some of these attacks still shocks me even though it shoul'nt in this day and age.
Could you post a link to any follow up on this case please Shipoftheline because the story interests me?
Thanks in advance.