PDA

View Full Version : leak

hyndey
11-01-2007, 08:33 PM
hoi ppl just looking for a heads up i got a new combi boiler about 6 months a go but i have now got a leak on my upstairs hotwater tap and was wundering if i just turn of the boiler so i can replace the conection to the pipe or will the water still come out the pipe with the boiler off

fergalsworld
11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
hoi ppl just looking for a heads up i got a new combi boiler about 6 months a go but i have now got a leak on my upstairs hotwater tap and was wundering if i just turn of the boiler so i can replace the conection to the pipe or will the water still come out the pipe with the boiler off
I think if you switch the power to the boiler off it should be ok
Try it and turn the hot tap on and see if it stops running.

dx100-uk
12-01-2007, 01:12 AM
erm.i would think logic applies here
hot water rises, so if it is above the bolier then no.
however, it wont be much, as combi boilers work on demand then supply
turning off the power might work
though i would think, [by law?] there must be a stop cock.
there might also be one in the flexible pipe below the tap?

if not the real cowboy method is to crush the flexible pipe with molegrips or kink it over to stop the flow as shown in rogue traders the other week!

dx100uk:9:

hyndey
12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
well i think il need to phone the comp that installed the boiler see if there a stop cock just glad its just a small leak thnx for the replies

jimmyjj
12-01-2007, 08:11 PM
hi m8
under the boiler should be 2x 15 mill pipes
trace them up to were they enter the boiler, there should be an isolation valve on one off them that will be your cold iinlet turn it off ,
then go and check your hot tap it should stop ,
(fix your tap then turn isolation valve back on )
or easy way is turn rising main off under your kitchen sink its usually located
there, ( fix tap and then turn rising main back on)

jimmy