PDA

View Full Version : new laptop its brilliant

blueice14
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
hi guys im not a complete techy junky but i just bought a great laptop from pc world its the advent 8111 they had it advertised at ?499 but its gone back up to ?549, however u can get it online for ?499. Have a look the specs really good plus if you are interested pm me and i will let you have a discount code - not sure if i can post it on here as im a newbie....

ps, does anyone know why my image doesnt shop up wheni post messages?? newbie no doubt !!

y2krog2000
10-01-2007, 05:29 PM
You can post the money of codes if you want but someone has already posted the 5% one in the vouchers and codes bit. Like your laptop by the way advent are pcworlds own make dont know what they are like for laptops but anything else they make is a nightmare to get any drivers or information about their products online.

blueice14
10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
thanks mate - yeah i have posted the code (just incase anyone missed it its nhsdis3107) also what i did was register on quidco and managed to get another 6% off the price as they are a referrer, not bad hey...
anyways thanks and happy new year people.
ps. shame the staff at pc world arent as helpful as people on here -

kryten77
18-01-2007, 09:59 AM
The people at PC World couldnt tell their ass from their elbow. Most of them seem to be more interested in HP agreements and extended service warranties than actual PC's

Timoweb
18-01-2007, 10:31 AM
The people at PC World couldnt tell their ass from their elbow. Most of them seem to be more interested in HP agreements and extended service warranties than actual PC's
Should be called HP World.

blueice14
18-01-2007, 08:11 PM
do u think those guys get trained up to work there about pcs? or do they just get asked what do u know aboput pcs at te interview ??
last dude i seen told me ram was a microsoft software that makes your pc run faster....nuff said !!

y2krog2000
18-01-2007, 08:36 PM
The descriptions on their website are always wrong which is a good thing, I bought a wireless laptop card that was described on their site as having a range of 1000ft and it was actualy about 80 meters got it for ?14 printed out what it said on their website and brought it into the shop and they got me one that goes 1000ft instead as a free replacement, also got a class microsoft wireless mouse the other week for ?10 because I ordered a different mouse to pick up in the store and they sold out.

headnoodle
14-04-2007, 01:00 PM
I love asking them technical questions and watching them sweat and make complete arses of themselves coming out with absolute bollocks. :P

Hitman
14-04-2007, 09:48 PM
And dont trust their bull**** wont be beaten on price policies....i went i with a misco catalogue and they wouldn't honor it unless i got a written estimate from misco.

A lot of their stuff is double the price of other online retailers!

headnoodle
17-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I have a mate who is an assistant manager at pc world. He told me that there is a 70% markup on all of their cables!

y2krog2000
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Hows the laptop going Blueice, have you had any problems with it? Im thinking of getting the advent 7203 or a fujitsu amilo one but cant find any real info about advent one on the net, and have you found a site that will give you detailed info about advent laptops like max supported memory size and if you can upgraded the graphics card on it, any links ive found for advent computers just take you back to the pcworld site.

Cheers

blueice14
01-08-2007, 10:15 PM
the laptops running great - even after all the time the lil one spends on it playing games, honestly so far no complaints. it does what i need it to do thats surfing the net and messing about uploading my digi cam photos etc...... for the price i guess its been good.
sorry tho im not a real techy buff to even start to give out laptop advise on which ones better n stuff.........

tomboy1
07-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I would;nt buy a fuse of pc world there staff are thick as **** .
I bought my first pc of them it lasted a week before it went on fire got another one off them that lasted 2 weeks it just decided one day not to work again got a third one that went on me too decided to take the monitor back too good job i did they told me that had popped too lol got my money back & went to bowlers in manchester got a cracking pc & lcd monitor never had one thing go wrong with it , so my advice is bowlers you can haggle them down too

IrishGiant
16-08-2007, 12:13 AM
So we can conclude..PC WORLD staff are sh*t! lol.