PDA

View Full Version : automatically connect to net?

berley
19-05-2006, 02:23 PM
hi all, ive had probs connecting lateley on a wireless router, anyhow think its fixed now but when i re boot the puter im having to go on to the router page to connect to the net, where as before it just automatically connected on start up, pretty sure i just need to put a tick in a box somewhere, just cant remember where ....... help :)

Insane_Jesus
20-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Do u mean that when you start your pc it will not automatically connect to the router or that it connects to the router but you are unable to access the net?

berley
23-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Do u mean that when you start your pc it will not automatically connect to the router or that it connects to the router but you are unable to access the net?

hi, i mean when i start the pc it does not automatically connect to the net, i have to go onto the router set up page and press connect from there

hacker
25-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi M8 wat sort of router are u using??

Super_LFC
25-05-2006, 06:18 PM
hi all, ive had probs connecting lateley on a wireless router, anyhow think its fixed now but when i re boot the puter im having to go on to the router page to connect to the net, where as before it just automatically connected on start up, pretty sure i just need to put a tick in a box somewhere, just cant remember where ....... help :)

yup bev what router theres loads and all diff :(

plus that wifi card you using or is it built in (laptop)

berley
25-05-2006, 08:08 PM
super why do u always call me bev lmao been called lots of things beginning with b the most common one ending in h ;) but never bev or do u mean to type ber?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rite the router is a belkin and so is the wireless card that i installed it into the pc

it used to connect as soon as i fired up the puter but now if i try to get a web page i just get "this page cannot be displayed" so i then have to go to the router set up page and press the connect button from there

mmmm think i mite just set the router set up page as my homepage

Super_LFC
25-05-2006, 08:47 PM
super why do u always call me bev lmao been called lots of things beginning with b the most common one ending in h ;) but never bev or do u mean to type ber?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
rite the router is a belkin and so is the wireless card that i installed it into the pc
it used to connect as soon as i fired up the puter but now if i try to get a web page i just get "this page cannot be displayed" so i then have to go to the router set up page and press the connect button from there
mmmm think i mite just set the router set up page as my homepage
opps sorry B <<< better im bad i know
ok
1st i never turn my pc off so leaving it on will fix this error :)
2nd right click on internet Explorer than properties
connections TAB Lan Setting
than make sure automatically detect setting in NOT Ticked
Sometimes thats a pain in the arse did the same thing on my router
if that dont work i will get the belkin router and card out at work and have a mess around
:)
thnaks now

berley
27-05-2006, 05:35 PM
ive checked the LAN settings and the box is not ticked

Declan
13-08-2006, 01:44 AM
just follow that document i made there is no text in it just screenshots but it should fix it for u

berley
13-08-2006, 01:49 AM
thanx declan will look at it tomoz :)