PDA

View Full Version : Audio/Video distribution Amp Help needed

Hitman
07-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi
I bought this distribution amp from ebay about 8 months ago and it was listed as having no power supply.

It has the name Audio authority / model 985...apparently it amplifies audio and video signals to power 8 tvs
Searched the net for ages at the time but did'nt come up with much.
From what i did find out, this is made in america.

I bought it thinking i could get a universal power supply to use it.
When i got it i could,nt find out what voltage it takes.

Also i dont know what power goes where as there are six pins for the power.
I havent tried applying power to any of the pins as im thinking i might damage it.

I dont even know if it works but id love to find out as it looks like a nice bit of kit.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Here are the picks:

dx100-uk
08-01-2007, 01:36 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and here is a guy with an email ad from them

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i'd be inclined to send them an email as their PSU is 120VAC so is obviously statesideask him what volts go to what pin
the two connector are power in and linked power out, so it will just be the left 4 pins.
if you were to poke around on the PCB i bet there is info theretrace the traxs
i bet two of the left bunch are unconnected and one goes 0v
though i'll say this much...its NTSC might not be too good unless they make a PAL version [you get lines]

i bet its just 12VDC

dx100uk [in that trade!]
:specky: :specky: :specky:

Hitman
08-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks for your help M8 i have seen this pdf when i looked last time but as you can see it does'nt tell you the voltage so i guess ill try it with 12v.

Maybe i can find out which one is ground with a multi meter.

dx100-uk
08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
great
that what i was eluding too but i didnt want to insult you

get your meter and the low ohms range
you should be able to get a reading from say the outer of rca to one of the pins (or more!) that should give you 0V
+VE you should be able to trace its path to an electrolytic or direct to the reg chip.
use a current limit PSU and you should be away!

i notice a transformer onboard near the volts in
on an outside chance it could be low volts ac in so thus DC round the wrong way wont matter.
if you wish PM me a high res picture i can zoom in on and i'll concure your thoughts
PCB & Component sides both pse

dx100uk
:thumbup2: :thumbup2:

Hitman
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately thats the best my camera would do at close range although it is 3m pixel its not to clever up close.

When i get the power sorted ill let you know what happens.

Thanks for your help

Hitman
11-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Found out which ones were for the power...powered up, connected to tv and as you said, lines....no picture.

Worth a try :cry:

dx100-uk
11-01-2007, 01:39 AM
you should still get images through it, though NTSC 60Hz framing/sync rate wlll cause lines.
try giving it a true composite video signal, then just try B/W
or any test gear? video sig gen p'paps?
last resort, switch a VCR to its test pattern [2 vertical wide lines] try that

or stick some audio down the video i/p should give something

dx100uk

:kungfu: