PDA

View Full Version : netgear router problem

ricky132
07-01-2007, 07:50 PM
hi i have a netgear router with 3x computers running through it but i cannot get the 3x computers talk to each other or even find each other on the network any help please ta

dx100-uk
07-01-2007, 08:54 PM
it would be easier to direct you to an online guide as it could be dchp issues, firewall issues or a few other things.

can you for instance 'ping' the other PC's?

goto PracticallyNetworked.com (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and follow the guide
this should ensure you have everything correct
then comeback & ask again.
dx100uk:rose:

Hitman
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi m8

Have you got dhcp enabled in the router settings.
I have a netgear and they are normally very easy to set up.

Also are all computers connected to the net?

if dhcp is on check that your ip settings are set properly or set to auto.

Sometimes disabling and re-enabling your network card can help.

if you're using wireless you may be getting interference from another wireless source.

silid
14-01-2007, 03:19 AM
run the windows networking wizard - you may not have filesharing enabled.

stooby
17-01-2007, 12:06 AM
amongst the other things suggested, Are the computers in the the same workgroup?

DBOX2HELP
18-07-2007, 03:37 PM
If its the wireless netgear router you got from telewest/ntl it may be crippled to only allow one connectiomn. see if you can connect 1pc . if that works and it wont let you connect a 2nd good chance its crippled

kick07
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
create a vitual server and filter all the 3 ip in the routing table and the computer name workgroup should be the same.

badmanvan
06-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi in order for other computers to see each other, you must:-

1) have DHCP enabled on your router
2) they all must be working and an ip address assigned
3) in the same "Workgroup"
4) have file and print sharing enabled

from this you can use the map command in "My Computer" (XP Pro)and just map the share name

I have Win XP Pro which is designed for such purposes and works a treat, shared out files and even printer