PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Causing My Pc To Freeze And Become Unresponsive!! Help??

PAUL7331
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Bascally for the last couple of days whenver I insert a DVD, be it a mp3 or video file disc, when I try to open it it just does not respond and my PC does not respond neither! Ive had to re boot my pc a few times by switching it off then on again. Its not the actual DVD neither as ive tried different ones. Really strange too as I can still BURN dvds using NERO so I aint got a clue whats happening!

I can open video files thats on my hard drive no probs but when I try to open a file thats on disc its having none of it!

Any ideas??

Cheers in advance lads

PAUL7331

dx100-uk
06-01-2007, 08:01 PM
get a lense cleaner try that

dx100uk:thumbup2:

Fekker
06-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Try flash upgrading the DVD drive as it may not like that particular brand of disk until you do.

PAUL7331
06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Ive tried 3 different discs. I can BURN no problem but when I wanna play a MP3 or movie it just fcuks my PC!

Any other ideas lads? This is a nightmare!

dx100-uk
06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
does the drive play a normal audio CD?
go into events viewer any errors showing there?
download and run CCleaner to clear your temp files etc etc.
what used to your default player?
it might be an idea to uninstall this
or maybe change the default package in win exp options/file types etc
try and narrow down what is actually not working
your dvd drive or your player
ie is it software or hardware error.

dx100uk:fight:

y2krog2000
07-01-2007, 10:58 AM
If you have another cd/dvd drive plugged in as well with the dvdrw then unplug it and see if that fixes it, or if you have an unused ide channel plug the dvdrw into that and see if that does it. And make sure the ide cable isnt plugged in upside down.

nunny
08-01-2007, 11:09 PM
you can try with a different software try power dvd or something else

Eurovox
19-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Try followingthe steps below

1>Click START

2>Click RUN

3>Type Sysdm.cpl in the box that appears

4>Click OK

5>Click HARDWARE

6>Click DEVICEMANAGER

7>Click the plus sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

8>Right click the BUSMASTER CONTROLLER (May have differant name you usually have 3 things under IDe controlers a Primary a seconday and a 3rd one commonly named BUSMASTER CONTROLLER is its not called that just look for the device that isnt the primary or secondary.)

9>Click UNINSTALL

10>Click OK to confirm device removal

11>And choose YES to restart your computer.

12>Once the computer has restarted and you have logged back in it will ask you to restart again, choose to restart again.

13>When the computer has finished restarting for a second time you can then test to see if your drives work correctly.

icemanv3
21-01-2007, 02:30 PM
unistall any dvd playing software you have, then restart, insert the DVD and see whether it crashes the PC now. If it doesnt, put some different software on