PDA

View Full Version : help keep shuting down with the follwing error

youngie
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
well first of all i have restored my old pc and installed a motorola 4100 witch keeps freezing my pc with the following error system 32 lsass.exe 128 then switch of within a min why does anyone no do i need to install drivers for my motorola 4100 or not help please if you can many many thank yous youngie

y2krog2000
05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
If you have ethernet on your pc then just plug the modem and computer together by ethernet and you wont need to install any drivers just plug them in and turn the modem off then back on and it should work. uninstall the driver you installed 1st.

youngie
05-01-2007, 07:38 PM
cheers mate i will give that ago first of all i only rigged the modem thought ethernet but i have to keep resetting it still by the power button it stays on for about 30 mins and then i need to turn of do you no anything about the motorola 4100 do i need any more software or not all i am doing is entering file name thcp number in and there mac address or do i need to enter the mac address on the motorola i hope you can help mate driving me mad kind regards youngie

y2krog2000
05-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I have a motorola 4200 and think its almost the same but I just connect the modem and pc together with ethernet and it works with no software. I dont know anything about how to set them up with macs and the other thing.

youngie
05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
yes mate they are the same well i belive so to so do you not have to doining anything with your modem mate i think i have to well if there is anyone who could help please let me no kind regards youngie

DessertDog
05-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok i think you may have a virus take a look here m8
What are "LSASS", "LSASS.EXE" and "Sasser" and how do I know if I'm infected? What do I do if I am? - Ask Leo! (http://ask-leo.com/what_are_lsass_lsassexe_and_sasser_and_how_do_i_kn ow_if_im_infected_what_do_i_do_if_i_am.html)

youngie
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
thank you mate i am doing that now thanks alot mate i hope it works doing my head in belive is that why i lost internet connection or not mate all light stay on my modem all the time so that looks good to me i really do hope it is this very kind regards again mate youngie

DessertDog
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM
First, how do you know you have it? Unfortunately, Sasser shares several behaviors common with other recent viruses. The most common sign is that your machine will indicate that there is a problem and will reboot in 60 seconds. The message caused by Sasser should indicate that the problem is in LSASS.EXE.
That is the section that i think applies to your PC Make sure you run a full virus/anti trojan check also.

youngie
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
thanks mate i will let you no the out come does avg sound good to you i hear a lot of people talking about it and i am looking for trojan remover

DessertDog
05-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Avg is good but it wont touch a trojan i dont think
there are several free trojan removers on the net just google it

icemanv3
21-01-2007, 02:46 PM
make sure you do all the latest windows updates as well :)

dalk1
15-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi,

To remove the trojan you can use one of the following online virus scanners:

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan (http://housecall.trendmicro.com)
Panda ActiveScan – Free online antivirus to combat viruses, spyware and other Internet threats. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. If you get the shutdown message up you can clear it by doing the following:

Go to start > Select "run" > type: shutdown -a > then press "ok"

This will abort the shutdown and you'll be able to continue.

Dalk1