PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a new owner

hanman
03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi all,

I recently got a Dreambox 500c and was hoping someone could answer a few questions i had.

1. How do i identify the version of the Gemini image i have on the dreambox (the dreambox came with a gemini image pre-installed)?
2. I found 95% of channels when i first performed a bruteforce scan. After reading other posts i purchased a booster and now want to perform another scan. Does the second scan overwrite the Services file OR does it append to it? (I am just concerned that the second scan may not find channels that the first scan did).

thanks in advance.

P.S. If anyone has an up to date enigma Services/bouquets file for Ilford/East London, i would be very appreciative.

jimbob2
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I can't answer your question about the image as I bought my box with an image already installed but with regard to the question about scanning, I have rescanned and never lost channels but when a new chanel is found it will automatically include it in the All Service list and it will have an exclamation mark beside it. Last night my box picked up 2 new channels with out a scan, Sentana Golf and Sentana 2. It has EPG but no picture yet. I think this is because the cable company is not broadcasting yet.

tigger0470
12-01-2007, 04:17 PM
You can re-scan without it affecting you bouquets of channel listings. Did you buy this box off Flee-bay for ?119. If so it will prob have Gemini 3.2 installed on it. Did the seller give you a CD if so it would be on there. Hope this helps

jake
12-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I also bought a dreambox waiting for delivery :D but I would like to know are there any problems that i should know of is it easy to use and setup ?

sorry for hijacking didnt want to start another thread :)

tigger0470
12-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I also bought a dreambox waiting for delivery :D but I would like to know are there any problems that i should know of is it easy to use and setup ?

sorry for hijacking didnt want to start another thread :)

The only problems I had were a couple of channels missing and I had to get a booster. Apart from that a top product better than the dbox.

cooler
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
And picture quality on my lcd tv is a bit poor but is ok on my normal crt.

jake
12-01-2007, 06:12 PM
cool thanx, I think I would need a booster as well, what kind of booster shall i get names/models ?

blueice14
13-01-2007, 12:48 AM
hiya guys
i giot a dm500 from delboy a few years back it blew out about 6 months ago and he took it back and reloaded it - however dude has put a password on it so on the tv screen i cannot get into the setup option. now i cant get ahold of delboy to ask him and yep ive tried all the obvious passwords over and over again.
if i use a null cable and hook the box up to my pc using the dreamup software am i able to get rid of this darn password?
or can any of you all tell me how do i just do a reset - i have no idea what image is on there or owt - im a total newbie -
please help - posted this prob on other threads and its hard to get an answer.....heeeeeeeelp please

kryten77
13-01-2007, 06:31 AM
If you use dreamup and flash a new image the password problem will disappear mate.

blueice14
13-01-2007, 02:52 PM
thanks mate !! im gonna try this as soon as ive acquired a lil more knowledge and stuff from here...(ie need to learn a few things about bouqets etc) but cheers again cus if this works i will be so happy cus i wont have to rely on the dude i got it from and keep paying him to reset it up

Hunter
13-01-2007, 03:01 PM
thanks mate !! im gonna try this as soon as ive acquired a lil more knowledge and stuff from here...(ie need to learn a few things about bouqets etc) but cheers again cus if this works i will be so happy cus i wont have to rely on the dude i got it from and keep paying him to reset it up
if he,s charging you ask him what forum he goes on and who he logs on as??

blueice14
13-01-2007, 05:31 PM
i'll try that will have to pick my moment tho - else he gets stroppy lol

krazylegz
13-01-2007, 05:54 PM
make sure if you'vr gotta use dreamup you use a serial null modem cable and not just a serial cable. after thatwhen u can get into the services and set ur ip use flash wizard pro to flash it with a x-over cable

tigger0470
13-01-2007, 08:59 PM
cool thanx, I think I would need a booster as well, what kind of booster shall i get names/models ?
I have purchased a Tratec FDU-61 theses are not cheap fifty quid but do the job well as they are designed for Cable and the company supply all of N~L with their equipment