PDA

View Full Version : ipod disk

blueeyes
01-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi im looking for an instalation disk for a 6 gig silver ipod when i plug into my comp it freezes can anyone help much obliged Jim

klorel
02-01-2007, 03:55 AM
I never got one with my Ipod, Just a link to download Itunes.

Apple - iPod + iTunes - Download iTunes (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Klorel

blueeyes
04-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi Ive tried i tunes comp still freezes cheers Jim

mcfisco
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
My PC hangs if I try to boot it up with an iPod connected but is OK if I just connect it after it has booted
If iTunes doesn't work for you or - like me - you just don't want it try vPod

h**p://www.vonnieda.org/vPod/

blueeyes
04-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the reply,my comp has already booted up but still freezes im on win xp will give vpod a go cheers

Lainie
04-01-2007, 07:32 PM
try resettin the ipod. take itunes off the pc reboot then download the latest version without pluggin in the ipod. run itunes and then plug in your ipod.

hope u get it sorted

blueeyes
04-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi tried that at the begining but still freezes this ipod belongs to my grandson who got it as a gift how do i reset it thanks

Lainie
04-01-2007, 08:01 PM
resetting an ipod

to reset your ipod(this wont delete your music, files or preferences) hold down the following key combination for around ten seconds, until the apple logo appears.
menu & select (all ipod models with a click wheel)

if this doesnt seem to have any effect, try connecting the pod to its power supply, toggling the hold switch on and off, and then resetting again

iPods, iTunes & Music Online :: Rough Guides Shop (http://travel.roughguides.com/website/shop/products/default.aspx?productid=528)

taken from that book - i got it in hmv for ?5 and worth it

blueeyes
02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Just to add to my problems a friend gave me a memory stick with some programs he said just plug it in and take what i want but this does
the same as the ipod comp freezes please help

soabwahott
10-02-2007, 02:15 AM
sounds like there is a problem with the usb on your pc.
have you tried downloading new drivers from the manufacturer (of the pc or the motherboard)
do you have any usb devices currently connected?
maybe your power supply can't cope with the power being drawn from the usb ports.

i have heard reports of pcs not being able to boot if an ipod is connected when the pc is turned on

blueeyes
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Spot on mate got a lone of a power usb hub from a mate works with that cheers Jim