PDA

View Full Version : help

marchribe
01-01-2007, 06:31 PM
best tool to remove trojans

kryten77
02-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Spybot S&D, Zone Alarm Security Suite,AVG Anti Virus...There are three to get you started mate.

dx100-uk
02-01-2007, 03:09 AM
go on to the panda online scanner site
then post your report here
there is not 'one' kill all package.

dx100uk:2drink:

Bornsf1982
02-01-2007, 06:30 PM
I use Avast anti-virus never let me down. And best thing its free!
avast! antivirus software - computer virus, worm and Trojan protection by ALWIL Software (http://www.avast.com/)

ash786
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
i use panda i thinks it good you can go to panda site and do an online scan to see how good it is

ttgd
03-01-2007, 09:18 AM
I use kaspersky and find it the best

jahhus
23-01-2007, 06:26 AM

Each trojan has its own unique way, you have to remove it, if you post on here what trojan you have, maybe able to direct you to the actual tools needed for that particular trojan.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

WHAT YOU DO FROM THIS DAY FORTH, WILL REFLECT & EFFECT THE WAY YOU ARE PERCIEVED IN THE YEARS TO COME!

gamer1967
24-01-2007, 09:25 PM
No one tool can cope with every kind of trojan. In addition to the ones posted above, I'd recommend something to scan for rootkits. Something like rootkitrevealer (from sysinternals/microsoft), or sophos antirootkit (both of which are free).

dx100-uk
26-01-2007, 02:03 PM
well thanks to another member i can eat [as such] my own words
there is this:
Hitman Pro 2.5.3.0 download - TechSpot Downloads (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. which installs and runs several programs
so i thought i'd give it a go on my next visit to a puner with troubles.

they had 3 trojans, which normally take a while to remove.
well this prog did it all & with honours!
just remember to disable system retore first though!!

dx100uk:whoohoo:

y2krog2000
26-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I used hitman pro before and it was ok for the trial period but when you try to remove the program you could run into problems like I did, all hitman pro does is run different free programs for you, I wouldnt touch it again after the last time but you might want to install some of the free programs that are on hitman pro without installing hitman pro.

Read the pros and cons before you decide to use it (not my words)

The advantages/pro's:

A lot of quality tools bundled in one program
One click and your system is checked thoroughly
Hitman Pro changes your default security settings, usefull when you don't know what to do (and don't read the tutorials on this site), useless when you can't access specific site due to these HMP actions and don't know what caused it (now you do)
At last a small support section has been added

The disadvantages/con's

The creator didn't make any of the bundled software
The creator removed all donate banners from the freeware programs and asks for a donation himself, thus no credit for the real creators of the programs
The trial versions will expire and cease to work
When you run the program all files and registry values found are immediatly removed. No harm is done, most of the time, but sometimes essential values are deleted or non-malware is deleted which will cause your programs to crash or even windows to become inaccessible.
The heuristic scanning mode immediatly deletes everythin which isn't in the 'right' location. So exe files on your desktop, programs outside the program files folder etc. are deleted immediatly, no remorse. Why? Well, they're not supposed to be there according to Hitman Pro, HMP decides which is best for you....
Programs which are included, like CwShredder, made to remove certain CoolWebSearch infections, can damage your system when you're not infected with a Coolweb variant it can remove
Spyware Doctor runs with the scan but doesn't remove any of the found infections
The included McAfee Superdat virusscan doesn't remove all viruses so in no way is HMP to be used, I advice not to use it at all, as a virusscan substitute
Hitman Pro changes your default security settings, usefull when you don't know what to do (and don't read the tutorials on this site), useless when you can't access specific site due to these HMP actions and don't know what caused it (now you do)
Hitman Pro still contains bugs causing a program crash, windows crash or even a crash during the deletion of registry files (ouch)
When uninstalling HMP most of the time not all programs installed with hitman pro are removed so you have to manually uninstall those programs using the software menu or, even worse, you need to use a regcleaner to remove all entries....

It was about a year ago when I used it so they might have corrected a few things in that time but reading the one review it got on that link it probably hasnt changed. I think the programs on it are all free so you dont need hitman pro anyways.

dx100-uk
26-01-2007, 04:04 PM
yep, i can agree with most of that.
i found it to be good along the lines of it ran everything that i would run & did it without my intervention.
but i must concur with it changing things [i.e security settings] that if you hadn't been aware that these were done [or been there before!] it would be very frustrating.

i think its like everything within the toolbox of dealing with infections - you need to know what you are doing & what pitfalls are likely from employing such progs to do that job.

dx100uk:-O

modman
26-01-2007, 09:43 PM

If you want to pay for it i prefer Mcafee to Norton, it seems not to slow the computer down as much.

Gingy
27-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Mate its like most people have posted here - each has there own software they are using that they think is the best. Not being funny but depending on how good you are with computers one option would be to redo your system (whoa there you say) - no really. The programs work much better put on before you get the problems. It just depend if you can be bothered.
NB After I had redone my system (as it was full of crap!!) I use Superantispywareblaster, as well as my antivirus etc. Its been good to me so far...

gonkeboy
27-01-2007, 12:47 PM
adaware se is the one ive always used without any problems