PDA

View Full Version : nas drive

ssghatore
30-12-2006, 08:07 PM
hey guys. i want to start recording some episodes using my dreambox. I understand i need a NAS drive to connect to the ethernet at the back of the box..i understand about mounting it etc and the command line to start it when the db boots up ... but

can anyone reccomend a specific drive...(by model) ..or can i purchase any nas drive? Also what size is advisable to get. Im not sure how big these .ts files can get

thx

ps. whilst researching, i came across this : Freecom Classic SL (24360) 400 GB Network Hard Drive Specs - DealTime.co.uk (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. because i do not know much about network hdd's can anyone tell me if its any good?

Devilfish
01-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I've just got this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Network-Attached-Storage-NAS-Disk-Drive-LAN-Enclosure_W0QQitemZ140068190508QQihZ004QQcategoryZ 96894QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) one. Not from that seller though, got a 320GB for %u00A399.

I'm using Gemini 3.30 and it's perfect. Mount it using the web interface to /hdd/movie for movies and /hdd/music for mp3s.

Press blue button and go to plugins then Start Recording to record. Easy Peasy!