PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hussein Executed

Timoweb
30-12-2006, 04:23 AM
Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been hanged for war crimes, it has been reported.
His death sentence was carried out in Baghdad following hours of confusion over whether he was to be executed or not.
US troops in Iraq had been put on "high alert" in case the announcement of his death sparked an outbreak of violence.
Saddam was sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on November 5 after a trial lasting more than a year.
He was found guilty of ordering the murder of 148 people in the village of Dujail following a failed assassination attempt against him in 1982.
The Iraqi government had made it clear it wanted the sentence carried out as quickly as possible, even though Saddam faced a series of other charges.
Saddam had been captured in December 2003, nine months after a US-led coalition invaded Iraq.
Officials in Iraq hinted last night that Saddam's execution was imminent.
However, the US Pentagon played down the claims and said it did not expect the former dictator to be hanged "within the next 24 hours".
Meanwhile, lawyers for Saddam made a last-ditch legal bid in Washington DC to prevent him being handed over to Iraqi authorities for execution. However, the judge turned down the request.

Sky News: UK News, World News and Business News. The First for breaking global News! (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13559626,00.html)

stickywicket
30-12-2006, 04:30 AM
good bye, good riddance. dont agree with it, though don't disagree.

i guess that means he really is away to southpark, that movie was true then lol.

kryten77
30-12-2006, 10:20 AM
This has polarised the Iraq already. In some places there is celebrating in the streets ..In others the bombers have started to reply.
I think that the next few weeks in Iraq will be turmoil.
By hanging him have they just created another martyr to the cause ???

berley
30-12-2006, 11:11 AM
I think that the next few weeks in Iraq will be turmoil.
???

wish they'd got our troops out first

boabness
30-12-2006, 12:45 PM
good time we in the uk did hanging again

gazza25
30-12-2006, 01:05 PM
evill guy, should have been tourcherd to death as he did to so many people hanging was to good for him

mrchris
30-12-2006, 01:09 PM
hanging was to good for him they should of locked him in a room with the families of the people he tortured and murdered.

y2krog2000
30-12-2006, 04:31 PM
hanging was to good for him they should of locked him in a room with the families of the people he tortured and murdered.

That would have to be a big room :roflmao:

krazylegz
31-12-2006, 01:08 AM
about time too.

wish i'd have known it was happening a would've watched it on mi satellite,but only found out at 5 2nite that he'd already been done

Hitman
31-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Shame they did'nt film it in HD!

opteronics285
31-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Why not the Electric Chair :(! Wanna see him fry n burn.

Ooo just seen the uncut video of the hangin.

Jango
31-12-2006, 10:17 PM
It's on youtube if you wana watch it, you'll need to register an account though as it contains graphic scenes.

Wee Gordon
01-01-2007, 04:41 PM
It's on youtube if you wana watch it, you'll need to register an account though as it contains graphic scenes.
yea ive seen it

tiger54
03-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been hanged for war crimes, it has been reported.
His death sentence was carried out in Baghdad following hours of confusion over whether he was to be executed or not.
US troops in Iraq had been put on "high alert" in case the announcement of his death sparked an outbreak of violence.
Saddam was sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on November 5 after a trial lasting more than a year.
He was found guilty of ordering the murder of 148 people in the village of Dujail following a failed assassination attempt against him in 1982.
The Iraqi government had made it clear it wanted the sentence carried out as quickly as possible, even though Saddam faced a series of other charges.
Saddam had been captured in December 2003, nine months after a US-led coalition invaded Iraq.
Officials in Iraq hinted last night that Saddam's execution was imminent.
However, the US Pentagon played down the claims and said it did not expect the former dictator to be hanged "within the next 24 hours".
Meanwhile, lawyers for Saddam made a last-ditch legal bid in Washington DC to prevent him being handed over to Iraqi authorities for execution. However, the judge turned down the request.

Sky News: UK News, World News and Business News. The First for breaking global News! (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13559626,00.html)
i wont loose sleep over the death of this dictator i think they handled this the wrong way tho

jay210
04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
glad he's gone ..let the rest of us live in peace......

minty_type-r
07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
He should have had a slow death. Electric Chair but without wetting the sponge like on The Green Mile.

Scum bag, we need better punishment in the uk.

TheWODs
07-01-2007, 11:45 PM
saddam wis an evil man:| i personnaly didnae like uhm ;)

AFZAL2005
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
sadam was an evil dictator but what the new iraq govmt didi was no less barbaric, not a good sign for the future of iraq!

y2krog2000
08-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Im glad he is dead but because of the way he was executed some people will see him as a martyr. George Bush is responsible for far more deaths than Saddam ever was but because Bush is the American president he wont be held to account for his actions.

Cybermannj
09-01-2007, 05:23 PM
This evil Guy and HIS Family ,bled thier country dry,Killing anyone they disliked,I doubt if the Billions will ever be recovery,for the benifit of the people.
He rates amonst the worst killers in the World,Hitler,Stalin,(Idi Armin),(This guy got away with it and found a safe haven,with his loot)
He got a fair trial,which is more than he granted his victims.
Good ridance YES,but I think it should have been carried out with a bit of decorum.

y2krog2000
09-01-2007, 05:27 PM
He rates amonst the worst killers in the World,Hitler,Stalin,(Idi Armin.

I think you can add George Bush to that list mabey not as high up the list as Hitler, but mabey in a few years.

microdot
09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
well done dameed sadam we are free of the tirraney of the world now

vincewrd
12-01-2007, 11:25 PM
ha ha ha had it coming to him sick mother fu**er

Hitman
13-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Poor lad

I think they should use his body as kebab meat to feed the taliban

http://i10.tinypic.com/43gl9vk.jpg

:))