PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360..Should I wait until march?

PAUL7331
30-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Ive heard the price will drop as soon as the ps3 is released..anybody know if its true or not? Im tearing my hair out chooisng between a 360 or a wii....

boabness
30-12-2006, 08:30 AM
m8 your missing the fun now up 2 you :9:

weezil101
30-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I think everyone initially expected the XB360 to come down in price when the PS3 was launched but a number of factors have since emerged:

1) The PS3 has been heavily delayed and allowed MS to get a strong foothold in the market. Part of the reasoning for a price-drop was that they could only compete with the PS3 by being cheaper. With a pretty large installed-userbase existing long before the PS3 has appeared this no longer is necessarily true.

2) The cost of the PS3 - let's face it, it ain't cheap. The XB360 in all likelihood will be cheaper at it's current prices.

3) Games - there are a number of exclusive "must-have" titles already released and a growing number of publishers dropping or scaling back PS3 support. Enough to convince MS execs that they're in a strong position?

If you start down the "wait 3 months and it'll be cheaper" path, you'll be waiting forever. Even if they do lower the price, the type of packages that will come out will be inferior to make up for the reduction. I say go for it :9:

y2krog2000
30-12-2006, 09:59 AM
I dont know about xbox 360 but the price of the wii will drop in the spring when the ps3 is released and they are bringing it out in different colours so I would say that xbox will do the same to take customers away from sony.

boabness
30-12-2006, 10:24 AM
ps3 is dead b4 its hear lol get a 360 m8

PAUL7331
30-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I dont know about xbox 360 but the price of the wii will drop in the spring when the ps3 is released and they are bringing it out in different colours so I would say that xbox will do the same to take customers away from sony.

Interesting..... I thought the Wii was gonna stay the same price like all year or something!? Plus the release of new colours is tempting...... but what am I gonna do in the meantime! 360 Is calling my name... its just the fact that I'll need to find the ?280 for a premium pack with GOW that puts me off...but then again if the price might not drop i'll have been waiting for nothing!

y2krog2000
30-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Interesting..... I thought the Wii was gonna stay the same price like all year or something!? Plus the release of new colours is tempting...... but what am I gonna do in the meantime! 360 Is calling my name... its just the fact that I'll need to find the ?280 for a premium pack with GOW that puts me off...but then again if the price might not drop i'll have been waiting for nothing!
No they are bringing out different colours of the wii and reducing the price and they are bringing out a wii with more features like dvd playback and they should be about the same price as the ones you can buy now, I hope the xbox 360 and its games come way down in price when the ps3 comes out and sony loose a lot of sales.

Shipoftheline
30-12-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm waiting till then but the way the wii has taken off could force their hands even though thats a ripp-off at ?180 (spec wise)

boabness
30-12-2006, 02:03 PM
wii is over rated m8