PDA

View Full Version : parental lock - how to select which channels?

asr.1974
08-06-2006, 07:56 PM
hi folks,

I have searched all day for this but had no joy...can anyone advise how you lock a channel so that it can only be opened by the PIN?

sorry for asking such a dumb question but can only find how to set the PIN so far in services....using a sagem box (what are those menus like?!!).

cheers, asr.

asr.1974
08-06-2006, 07:59 PM
please note that was my first post with new username...but have been a member for a few years now going back to goldie days. Do I still need to reintroduce myself again?

asr.

fergalsworld
08-06-2006, 08:12 PM
if you mean the pron channels press
dbox
services
bouquet editor
hi lite the adult bouquet then press the dbox button look to bottom right above the blue button icon and it will change from rename to hide then locked.
press home and save settings when prompted.
Hope this helps.

jason8335
08-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi all.
I have tried locking & hiding my bouquet but still see unwanted channels. I also have the pin lock on, but it just seems to stop access to all bouquet editing until i enter the pin. Will changing the bouquet .xml file manually (hidden="0" locked="0") then ftp to Dbox2 work?. If so what number do i change it to?
Thanx in advance

asr.1974
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
cheers, worked a treat.

fergalsworld
08-06-2006, 10:58 PM
cheers, worked a treat.
No probs m8

@jason8335
what image is on your box.

jason8335
08-06-2006, 11:06 PM
sporster pro think its 1.05 from sporster.ump2002.net
Paulf has same trouble with this image. See post
SORTING CHANELS

renwich
08-06-2006, 11:11 PM
you are aware that even though the buqouet "Adult " is hidden the channels still appear in other or andrae, the only proper way to completely hide channels is to use a myservices file, I'll dig out the info

fergalsworld
08-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Copy myservice.xml to your desktop and make a backup copy of this and put it somewere safe open the one on your desktop with notepad or bouquet wizard
Thanks to ellie1998 for this
delete all the channels you want to keep with the ones you want not to show do this

<channel service_id="fff7" name="Playboy NVOD" service_type="04"/>

make it
<channel action="remove" service_id="fff7" name="Playboy NVOD"
service_type="01"/>

leave in all the transponder crap and only delete the line for the channels you want to watch.

Do not edit with wordpad
put the myservices.xml in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit refresh your channel lists and the ones mark action="remove" will never show.
if it dont work you have always got your backup copy
then i would recommend flashing one of the newer images on to get the features in the menus you are missing
Hope this helps.

jason8335
08-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Cheers mate.
I think i'm getting somewhere now. I will give it a go although i didn't want to lose the channels completely. A newer image is looking like the way forward.
Thanx for all your help guys.

fergalsworld
08-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Yes it goes in
/var/tuxbox/config/zapit
if it dont work try editing the "servicefile" the same way
back it up first m8

renwich
08-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Copy myservice.xml to your desktop and make a backup copy of this and put it somewere safe open the one on your desktop with notepad or bouquet wizard
Thanks to ellie1998 for this
delete all the channels you want to keep with the ones you want not to show do this
<channel service_id="fff7" name="Playboy NVOD" service_type="04"/>
make it
<channel action="remove" service_id="fff7" name="Playboy NVOD"
service_type="01"/>
leave in all the transponder crap and only delete the line for the channels you want to watch.
Do not edit with wordpad
put the myservices.xml in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit refresh your channel lists and the ones mark action="remove" will never show.
if it dont work you have always got your backup copy
then i would recommend flashing one of the newer images on to get the features in the menus you are missing
Hope this helps.

Cheers fergalsworld you saved me alot of typing :9:

fergalsworld
08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Cheers fergalsworld you saved me alot of typing :9:
No probs
most of it was copy and paste from a post by ellie1998 lol.

scruff1963
09-06-2006, 07:03 AM
I got it from pt-1's help file http://world-of-digital.com/forums/post3626.html
Recommended item for anybody with a dbox

Have Fun

gav12345
11-07-2006, 09:51 PM
and what a great file it is

karlosfandango
11-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I moved all of the pron channels from Anderre to Adult and then locked and pin protected Adult.

pintux
31-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I have a sportster image. I have changed the bouquet files to put all channels under a category called 'Adul.t' , changed the property 'lock="1"' and I have used the menu option (called Youth control) to lock this bouquet.

It works well and asks for a pin number when you select an adult channel. However, if I turn off the box and restart, it looses the key lock. The bouquet is still shown as locked in the Bouquet editor, but the youth control settings disappear. Seems like these settings are not stored in persistent memory. Is there any way I can retain the settings after a power reset?

pt-1
31-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I have a sportster image. I have changed the bouquet files to put all channels under a category called 'Adul.t' , changed the property 'lock="1"' and I have used the menu option (called Youth control) to lock this bouquet.
It works well and asks for a pin number when you select an adult channel. However, if I turn off the box and restart, it looses the key lock. The bouquet is still shown as locked in the Bouquet editor, but the youth control settings disappear. Seems like these settings are not stored in persistent memory. Is there any way I can retain the settings after a power reset?

some older images had a bug
Update to later Image

Sh0t2bts
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Am I missing something here, I place the lock on the Adult menu and I am prompted for the PIN "Great" but........

If I go into >Setttings > Parental Control it shows me the PIN.

Is there a way to block access to the Parental Control menu?

Cheers

renwich
04-12-2006, 11:31 PM
you could try creating a myservices file that will not show the pron channels, unless your kids are clever enough to use ftp or telnet :Hammer: