PDA

View Full Version : too many cables!!!!

cakest
29-12-2006, 12:44 PM
just wondering the best way to set up and tune in my tv(2scarts),dvd player,video and my freeview box(also 2scart sockets).......i want to be able to use my video to record freeview basically.any help appreciated,and dont tell me to buy hdd player or dvd recorder as i like my old video player for the moment.... ;-)

Freeviewer
30-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Ah the good old video it is a nightmare getting it all to work, i am pretty sure you connect your freeview to your video via scart and arial leads and use the out lead to view it through your tv.

dx100-uk
30-12-2006, 04:51 PM
there are many scart guides on the net, if you get stuck, i'll find one.
basically you just daisy chain them all together.

from what i read i'll guess this:

freeview AV1 <> Video
freeview AV2 <> TV AV1
dvd <> TV AV2

this method will mean you will need to switch the TV to AV2 to watch DVD's

If you video has two scarts then you should be able to do:
DVD AV1 <> Video AV2
but in some cases it might not work

make sure you switch on 'scart control' on all device menus.

then what should happen is eveything will autoswitch when you turn something on, or hit play.

if one thing does not work, then try reversing your scart leads end for end & try again.
most leads are 'full' scart leads which carry the control switching line, so if you find a skinny scart lead, that is prob just Video/audio only, so might not work as you expect.

see how you get on

dx100uk

kryten77
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I used to suffer from the too many devices /too few scart sockets problem. To solve it I bought an auto switching scart block. Just plug all scarts from devices into it. One lead then goes to TV. When a device powers on or you press play it switches automatically to this feed.
Now having a new TV with 4 Scart inputs as well as DVI/HDMI/Composite/Svideo i now have more connectors than devices but i am trying my hardest to fill them all.

zx636rider
07-01-2007, 04:02 PM
i too have this delema, just got a lcd tv and need to link up dbox2 and dvd recorder so i can record from dbox and freeview on dvdrecorder. i have not yet found a guide that helps. need help on what cables to use, bothe tv and dvd have all except hdmi on dvdr, thanks for any help offered.
nige