PDA

View Full Version : Connection loss

fojis
29-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Pls help.. I have a belkin router which for some irritating reason keeps on dropping my connection at 10-30 minutes intervals. All morning it behaves but come 5-6 pm the box just cant hold a connection. I can not be asked to phone tech serverice (based in Banglore and kills the phone bill). Anyone got a solution to this pain in the arse.!

y2krog2000
29-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Click online chat on this link to speak to someone from belkin and they will tell you how to fix it if it can be fixed Belkin International, Inc. Networking Support (http://www.belkin.com/support/networkingsupport.asp)

zander
31-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi fojis if you are using the belkin control panel to config it go in to services and disable wireless zero configuration this should sort you out

cheers

zander

nathughes
31-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Pls help.. I have a belkin router which for some irritating reason keeps on dropping my connection at 10-30 minutes intervals. All morning it behaves but come 5-6 pm the box just cant hold a connection. I can not be asked to phone tech serverice (based in Banglore and kills the phone bill). Anyone got a solution to this pain in the arse.!

are you referring to your router connection with your isp or your wireless connection?
are you using adsl2/2+?
i sometimes loose connection with my isp early evening. supposedly it is due to increased noise interference on the line at this time. your snr may need to to be increased to help stabilise the line.

laserbrain
03-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I think he's refering to his wireless connection not his isp. I too have this issue on a Linksys access point.

Every so often it will drop the connection for no apparent reason. I've just put it down to my access point being in a small room and giving me a reduced signal in another room.

It may also be that my laptop only has usb 1.1 and my wireless receiver is usb 2 - can't be helping the matter I supose.

vincewrd
28-12-2007, 10:23 PM
(i had your problem but my wireless is fine now as i did this)---- go to the start button then in the run box type in, services.msc then services will come up, scroll to the bottom of the list untill you see (wireless zero configuration) double click it, where it says (start up type), select disable then click apply, then the stop button then apply then click ok. now configure your wireless connection using your belkin configs not xp

grexeo
29-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Have you tried changing your wireless channel? If a neighbour is using the same channel as you it can cause you to disconnect.

starkie
02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
my old router did that...just had to learn to reset it every so often. my new one does it at times but not as often

vikram82
07-04-2008, 11:15 PM
upload the router new firmware....