PDA

View Full Version : Household Media streaming

weeblackhelicopter
28-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Has anyone tried out any of the wireless music and video streaming devices?

What did they think as I am thinking about sorting myself out with some.

:dance:

Tallywadger
13-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Me too! I've been looking at the high Def media senders from the computer to the home theatre, so I can watch real 1080p high def video clips on my big screen..... I downloaded some from the WMA HD site at microsoft and the 5.1 surround sound and high def video on the computer is awesome..so really need to have it transferred to my home theatre, Looking at the wireless ones but some reviews have said they struggle to stream the HD Clips... but you can play pics and music direct from the PC so looks good

soabwahott
10-02-2007, 03:23 AM
for hi-def wireless streaming best bet is to wait until the n wireless standard becomes properly established. 54g is not up to the task (this is what most of the wireless recievers on the market currently use)

sifurlong
13-02-2007, 05:24 PM
for hi-def wireless streaming best bet is to wait until the n wireless standard becomes properly established. 54g is not up to the task (this is what most of the wireless recievers on the market currently use)
Agreed. Currently I am running a Philips streamium and it plays xvid etc flawlessly, It also plays DVD video well but it can drop out a bit if there is a lot of network traffic. However definitely wait for N wireless if you are looking to stream HD media

Tallywadger
14-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Well I took the plunge and bought a Pinnacle Show Center and I'm glad I did...it works great I have it linked by network from my PC and it plays all my stored music and pictures and plays most HD clips and movies I have on my Hard Drive. At last I am able to watch a proper 1080 HD movie played from the PC to my Sony 55inch screen ..and it is awesome!!!