PDA

View Full Version : Aerial

joeyd11111
26-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi

I have a bush LCD Tv, but have a problem with the aerial socket. It is definitely the socket and not the cable. I have had the back off to see if there was anything obvious but the socket terminated in a box fixed to the circuit board. Does anyone know if these things are repairable ? It is still under guarrantee but i have moved and it would be a lot of hassle returning it. If it was just a ?50 repair i will get someone out to have a look

Thanks
Joey

thesparky
26-12-2006, 09:05 PM
do people still use the RF connection?
why not use the scart points m8 as you get a better picture that way as well or is it a coaxial connnection only device?

joeyd11111
26-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi

I only need it for the video recording, the tv only has one scart socket. The video is tuned to 1,2,3,4 etc then av for the cable. As the rf isnt connected to the tv, if i am recording off the cable, the video is set to record the av channel so i cant watch the terrestial channels (if that makes sense)

Joey

dx100-uk
27-12-2006, 03:13 AM
what is your problem?
do you mean if you move the connection around it comes and goes?
sounds like a dry joint or the fins are splayed too far apart.
the box you indicate is prob the tuner [silver box size of a swan vesta match box?]
if so the sides should pop off allowing you entry to get an iron in there

explain your problem or maybe send a photo?

dx100uk:-*

joeyd11111
27-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi

Thanks for the reply

The problem is as if the signal was very very week, it happened all of a sudden. In fact, it wont even autotune into the channels as they are too weak. It sounds as if the box you are talking about is the same as what i have so i will have another look

Thanks
Joey