PDA

View Full Version : gemini 3.30

jayjayuk
25-12-2006, 02:03 AM
hi peeps i have the gemini 3.30 image. but its not uk modified. can someone point me in the direction how to modify it??????? thanks...

ssghatore
27-12-2006, 04:09 PM
yeh.. im in the same boat as you.

Im trying to update from nuetrino uk mod.

jayjayuk
29-12-2006, 12:21 PM
i got the uk 3.30 image now. modded, if you pm me can send you my backup....

rah
04-01-2007, 07:35 PM
please can i have a copy also??

zalman
05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
hi peeps i have the gemini 3.30 image. but its not uk modified. can someone point me in the direction how to modify it??????? thanks...

to make any image work for uk ull need a few files either from a working backup or i think osborne82 posted a usefull dreabox files rar with all the files u need :)

basicaly u need a cables.xml in /var/etc this enables u to scan for uk channels
then u need the contents from a working image from /keys and /scce these are your nagra roms and AU stuff

now on most images ie gemini, pli, etc u can download the acutal cam direct from the blue button (providing your dreambox is connected to the internet)

blue button --addons--download and install--cams then select your cam and follow onscreen promts reboot and your off :)

cheers

afterhourz
05-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Jayjay,I find 3,30 no better than the other really... Gemini 3.0 seems to be most stable for me.What are you experiences with 3.3 ?

tigger0470
12-01-2007, 06:06 PM
to make any image work for uk ull need a few files either from a working backup or i think osborne82 posted a usefull dreabox files rar with all the files u need :)
basicaly u need a cables.xml in /var/etc this enables u to scan for uk channels
then u need the contents from a working image from /keys and /scce these are your nagra roms and AU stuff
now on most images ie gemini, pli, etc u can download the acutal cam direct from the blue button (providing your dreambox is connected to the internet)
blue button --addons--download and install--cams then select your cam and follow onscreen promts reboot and your off :)
cheers

I think you'll find it's a little more complex than that chap. I got this from another forum so I hope it helps

Install your Gemini image (available from UMP file center,google it) using Dreamup or Flashwizard (if you already have network setup)
Setup your network as normal, this will give you access to your PC and the internet.
Goto menu/setup/blue panel/addons/download&install/cams/ - download Evocamd 2.12
Goto menu/setup/blue panel/addons/download&install/camsconfig/ - download Evocamd config
Goto menu/setup/blue panel/ - change camd to Evocamd 2.12 (at the top of the page,scroll left)
FTP into your DB
Copy cables.xml to \var\tuxbox\config\
Copy services to \var\tuxbox\config\enigma\
Copy autoupdate.key to \var\keys
Copy nagra roms to \var\scce (keys/roms available if you search/ask or from another image)
Goto/menu/setup/service scanning/ - select your provider CableUK Sym6952/ Sym6887 or bruteforce and start scan.
Once finished reboot DB.
Goto menu/setup/bluepanel/ - restart cam
Goto a scrambled channel and wait for keys to update.(takes a few mins)
Use DreamBouquetter to organise yor channels.

ascum
12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
My first post on here.
I'm thinking of buying dreambox 500C.

Is it possible to take the cables.xml & keys from a working D-box 2 image and put them in the dreambox?

Timoweb
12-01-2007, 09:44 PM
My first post on here.
I'm thinking of buying dreambox 500C.

Is it possible to take the cables.xml & keys from a working D-box 2 image and put them in the dreambox?

Try UK1.5 image and you dont have to or another UK modded image.

ascum
15-01-2007, 03:19 AM
I was just wondering if it's possible to use the original enigma image and, just add cables xml services, keys etc...

Devilfish
15-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Do you mean the image that comes with the dreambox?

I don't see the point in modifying that when there are loads of other better images available.

Those images don't even have a shutdown menu.

Best to flash one of the readily available images!

ascum
17-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Do you mean the image that comes with the dreambox?

I don't see the point in modifying that when there are loads of other better images available.

Those images don't even have a shutdown menu.

Best to flash one of the readily available images!

I was thinking, the image that comes with the box would have been more stable, as it's made specifically for the box by the manufacturer.

Ordered my 500c, should be getting it Thursday.