PDA

View Full Version : dreambox and ntl

melo4263
24-12-2006, 01:44 PM
hi all

newbie here - how do i setup a dreambox to work in a NTL area

alanbk
24-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Need more info.What image is on the box.If its gemini and it is a UK modded image,it will have the settings for NT* pre-set.Go to menu-setup-service searching-automatic transponder scan and select the cable provider.Press the OK button.After it has found a valid transponder,press the green button to begin the search for stations.
Tip:To stop Channel Error message.
Go to menu - set up, scroll down to expert set up, press ok scroll to enable fast zapping press ok and remove green tick ....then scroll down to hide error windows ...press ok green tick appears . Exit all way back out ...unplug power lead from back of box ..leave couple of minutes ...then put pack in . Restart

jake
12-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Need more info.What image is on the box.If its gemini and it is a UK modded image,it will have the settings for NT* pre-set.Go to menu-setup-service searching-automatic transponder scan and select the cable provider.Press the OK button.After it has found a valid transponder,press the green button to begin the search for stations.
Tip:To stop Channel Error message.
Go to menu - set up, scroll down to expert set up, press ok scroll to enable fast zapping press ok and remove green tick ....then scroll down to hide error windows ...press ok green tick appears . Exit all way back out ...unplug power lead from back of box ..leave couple of minutes ...then put pack in . Restart
is that means that we dont need specific id's for the areas ?

Timoweb
12-01-2007, 09:11 PM
is that means that we dont need specific id's for the areas ?

Correct just auto scan.

Hunter
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
is there anyway of adding a service file to these boxes before i go out and buy one
also is the file struture similar to that of the dbox

cheers

Timoweb
12-01-2007, 09:24 PM
is there anyway of adding a service file to these boxes before i go out and buy one

cheers
Yeah its very similar to the dbox. You get on screen folders. Not much need to send service file if it a moded image (cable file in it).

Hunter
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
whats the images like for creating??

Timoweb
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Never done one but the file setup is the same as a dbox one. Looks the same layout to me!

Donnie Darko
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM

Exactly same for images gem,enig and neut.Rudbox currently hold the cvs for neut so compiling from scratch aint possible.
Am unsure about gem and enig,as i prefer neut so dont pay that much attention.

Donnie Darko
12-01-2007, 10:36 PM

cheers

You can add service,bouquets etc,theres even dbox2 to db converter only works with neut though.
File structure exactly the same.

Timoweb
12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
You can add service,bouquets etc,theres even dbox2 to db converter only works with neut though.
File structure exactly the same.
Converted bouquets and not working using enig thats why!

smeg4brains
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey on a completely different note - how do I hide my IP address & stuff !
That little flag scared the bejeezuz outta me

Help PLEASE