PDA

View Full Version : help please re: AVG

frankmcavenniesocialclub
23-12-2006, 12:19 PM
whenever i switch my laptop on it automatically updates avg antivirus software (this happens every time i switch it on and its the same update each time) but on my desktop it doesnt, its confusing me now why the laptop needs to update every session

dx100-uk
24-12-2006, 01:56 PM
sounds like the dbase has got stuck
uninstall it
reboot
then reinstall avgfree

dx100uk:45:

joeyd11111
26-12-2006, 07:55 PM
If u are using the free version it might be an idea to look for another one as i believe it is being stopped in the new year (i may be wrong but that is what i have been told)

I just downloaded Avast but have had a couple of problems with it

Joey

dx100-uk
26-12-2006, 10:32 PM
no avg 6 is being stopped on jan 7
this is now 9mth out of date anyhow.

users need to load avgfree 7.4 [or any version 7]
to continue to get updates
that is all

dx100uk
X-(

jahhus
23-01-2007, 06:02 AM
uninstall the version that is in your laptop and re-install the latest version from the website, and hopefully you too will be well again, lol

Good Luck

__________________________________________________ _____________

WHERE THERES A WILL THERE IS A WAY!

tapdrawer
30-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree with jahhus re install with newer version but make sure you delete the folder in program files after you uninstall (this keeps some old settings)

limeroad
02-02-2007, 10:31 PM
another free av to use is avast, download from Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition (http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html)

raju
20-02-2007, 12:37 AM
avg is a goo anti virus BUT I would say that you try a even

Better FREE Anti Virus which has shown better lab result

that anti virus AVIRA at Untitled Document (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Give it a go if you

not like it you can always go back to AVG

y2krog2000
20-02-2007, 12:47 PM
avg is a goo anti virus BUT I would say that you try a even

Better FREE Anti Virus which has shown better lab result

that anti virus AVIRA at Untitled Document (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Give it a go if you

not like it you can always go back to AVG

Have you any proof of what you say? I have never heard of this program until yesterday and looked it up on the internet and could only find 1 person that said it picked up a virus that avg missed and on reading the results from virus bulletin found that both avg and avast were the best 2 free anti viruses out there.

kryten77
21-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Ive tried both Avast and AVG and have settled on using Avast in conjunction with Zone Alarm Pro (includes anti virus and anti spyware) Havent had a problem with virus or spyware since installing them.

pug309
06-03-2007, 11:15 AM
avast is good but go get the best which is nod 32 now free in right places awesome antivirus software

Geo
16-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you have the options set to update every time windows starts
automatic update enabled if it causes to much probs just remove it and get diffrent AV