PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Washing machine Help!!!

mouleetfrite
22-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Our washing machine has developed a fault and I'm looking for the service manual please if anyone can help. Its an ULTIMA 6Kg WMA74 Hotpoint and the program seems to have stuck and whatever I do or press a button all I get is three beeps any help would be appreciated.

dx100-uk
22-12-2006, 06:08 PM
make sure your filter tray & outlets are clear

it will prob be the cam timer stuck
normally happens if the power is turned off during use
it might also be the fill sensor
there will be an air pipe from the drum to a pressure sensor [looks like a car horn the tube goes to the middle ]
pull the tube off an blow/suck it you should here the switch click

if you are lucky you might find a folded piece of paper near the cam
if will tell you how to reset it manually and it what direction to rotate it via the hole in the front .

dx100uk
:grin:

Gavpo
22-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Sounds like it might be door lock related..3 bleeps door open..or maybe module..if its less than 5 years old you got free parts from hotpoint but you will have to pay there labour.(door lock cheap ,module expensive)/ is there any flashing symbols on the display

mikey
22-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I'd be interested if you sort it, as my relation has got a Hotpoint WMA22 which shows 'door locked' and 'end program'. The door also refuses to open.

She also mentioned they had a brief power cut while the machine was in use.

Gavpo
22-12-2006, 10:33 PM
these machines are prone to door lock problems thats why hotpoint have redesigned the door locks..the older brown/black door locks sometimes took out the module when they went.You can release the door by removing the lid (2 torx under the little covers on the side)and puting you hand down the front of the machine inside and between the front panel and doorlock,actually on the door lock there is an over-ride manual release but it is a bit of a ******* to get at...UNPLUG IT FIRST. If you are competent enough after releasing the door, check the module(panel behind controls) just unsrew the 3 screws round the soapdraw and move the whole panel to the right.and unclip it..check for burn marks in the corners where tracks will be blown.
For further advise and help check out: UK Whitegoods (http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/)

mouleetfrite
23-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes there is a flashing symbol just below the door lock symbol and after the machine was disconnected for some time the door did open and I managed to retrieve the clothes. When it was reconnected the same screen display was there.

mouleetfrite
23-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks to all of you for the help and I have managed to borrow a washer over the holiday period so when its over I hopfully will sort the problem and I will post the result on here
Thanks again Guys..... enjoy your Christmas

steven
30-12-2006, 09:37 PM
well i have a washer n driyer in 1 and the washer door wont shut for some reasen every time i try and shut it it makes funny noises like it is guna blow up lol any 1 help me on that most appreasiated thx.

Gavpo
30-12-2006, 10:10 PM
i'll help but i need more details (make/model no.) its my job so i'll help where i can.....

silid
03-01-2007, 01:51 AM
you can get the manual at:

h t t p ://w w w .hotpointservice.co.uk/macro/instruct.d2w/display?brand=H&prod=WM

If yours isn't listed they may email it to you directly - they did to me.

mouleetfrite
03-01-2007, 11:04 AM
i'll help but i need more details (make/model no.) its my job so i'll help where i can.....

Thanks for the offer much appreciated.
The model is Hotpoint ULTIMA 6Kg WMA74
Problem is program has halted and whatever button I press I get three beeps and there is a flashing symbol below the door lock symbol.
I have disconnected it and on reconnection the machine is still at the same point.
I have now removed the machine so I can use another temporaly and I have adequate tools both electrical and mechanical so all I need is information and perhaps the service manual.
From what comments I have had it seems to point at the door locking system which seems probable as my wife has complained she has had to "bang" it as the door logo has shwn it was not closed properly.... its her fault :)
Regards

tiger54
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Our washing machine has developed a fault and I'm looking for the service manual please if anyone can help. Its an ULTIMA 6Kg WMA74 Hotpoint and the program seems to have stuck and whatever I do or press a button all I get is three beeps any help would be appreciated.
try putting a new module board inside the washer mate worth a try

silid
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
have you tried running a short programme such as drain. if their is any water in the system the door won't open.