PDA

View Full Version : Sky+

20-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Can anyone tell me if you have a sky+ box can you still set and record FTA programmes without the monthly subscription.
Cheers

redbarony
29-12-2006, 07:28 PM
no,and you cant view any of your recorded stuff without the subscription

but it will stay stored till you re subscribe

poo isnt it!!!

30-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks m8 yep it be poo not worth subscribing eh!!!

Red Baron
21-01-2007, 11:14 AM
All you have to do is pay 10 pounds a month to use the recording features you do not need to subscribe to a subscription

krazylegz
21-01-2007, 08:03 PM
yip got to pay a tenner but it's all wrong since u paid money for the box

Gazer
21-01-2007, 09:35 PM
All you have to do is pay 10 pounds a month to use the recording features you do not need to subscribe to a subscription

And why would anyone in there wright mind want to pay ?10 a month to record FTA programmes ??

pt-1
24-01-2007, 10:24 AM
And why would anyone in there wright mind want to pay ?10 a month to record FTA programmes ??

Because thanks to the UK TV Structure and Hr. Murd0ch there is no other FTA Receiver out there that gives you 100% the functionality of a Sly or Sly+ Receiver...

I would call that a monopoly but ...

rainman
04-02-2007, 03:40 PM
hello just in case you are contemplating getting sky+ here is a suggestion.
if you recomend a new sky customer you can get a free sky + box (providing you already have sky) and the customer gets one installed for ?49
if you want sky+ without recomending anyone call and tell them that new customers can get sky+ for ?49 but you, a loyal customer can,t.
tell them you will cancel your subscription unless you get sky plus+ plus installation for ?49.
if you want the extra room you need to ask for it at the same time. it will cost an extra ?10 a month. they run an extra cable off the sky disk and use your old box. the installers will usually run a third cable for you from the sky + box to an aerial outlet or second tv for free . allowing you to watch 2 tvs at once. unfortunallly you can only watch the same programe but it doesn't cost an extra ?10.

this is genuine i had it installed last week and my friend got his done on tuesday.

theedge
21-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I currently have Sky and fancy getting Sky+ but don't want to pay an extra ?10/month for multi-room. Do I still need an extra cable run from my Sky dish?

I think I'll phone to see to see if I can wangle the ?49 deal.

Thanks