PDA

View Full Version : which sat & dish?

danielgoodman
18-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi guys, i'm pretty new to the scene.....well the sat scene anyhow....had experience with cable but moving to non-cable area now so got to make changes :( I have purchased a sat version of the sagem dbox2 (currently at my mates having new image loaded).......which im hoping to use with a sky mini-dish initally.

SO a few Questions have arisen.

1) What sat(s) do you recommend i point it at to get the best range of channels? i'm after more sport (football) than anything else but it'd all be appreciated.

2) I know the mini-dish is pretty poor for reception purposes so what are my options as regards to dishes...(i'd prefer to keep whatever dish i have on the wall so that limits me but i thought i'd ask the pro's.

Fire away guys...

Cheers, Dan

dx100-uk
19-12-2006, 01:03 AM
there are plenty of other threads on this
have a look around in the sat forums
but goto king of sat receiver site
that will tell you what one to choose.
sadly ofcourse no sky can be gotten, but i think you should be able to get something to your taste.
ofcourse the ans is to get a steerable sat dish & use disqvue of the dbox to autorotate the thing.

else try and trackdown these chinesse net feed site.
rumour has it they stream every match.

dx100uk=P~

danielgoodman
19-12-2006, 06:11 PM
i get what your saying about scouring threads and i have.....but which sats can i get a good signal off with the mini-dish is more what i'm after....

All the treads are giving good info on what sats but i'm not sure if i can even pick them up with min-dish thats all mate....

Thanks for the reply tho :D

Ohhhh and do you have any links to these chinese sites? obv if you dont want to post them please pm me with them...

Much appreciated.

Dan

dx100-uk
20-12-2006, 01:11 AM
no i dont watch football but i know they are out there.
every premier match is streamed
though it wont tell you 'where'
have a look back in the bbc news website, they did an article on their webpage about 3weeksago

as for which sat, TBH i'd suck it and see
find a sat you see what you want listed on it and try and get it.

i did play with an 90cm dish and a sat dbox about 6mths ago and had no problem.
tbh its more of a case of aligning the darn thing than actually 'getting' the channels
once you get used to finding sats, you should easily be able to know when it will not resolve the channels.

the dbox has some very good tools built it

dx100uk:trustme:

yossarian31
23-12-2006, 01:34 PM
i get what your saying about scouring threads and i have.....but which sats can i get a good signal off with the mini-dish is more what i'm after....
All the treads are giving good info on what sats but i'm not sure if i can even pick them up with min-dish thats all mate....
Thanks for the reply tho :D
Ohhhh and do you have any links to these chinese sites? obv if you dont want to post them please pm me with them...
Much appreciated.
Dan
its unlikely you will get a decent signal from a minidish, the smallest dish i would recommend would be the 70cm raven dish, i have one of these and i get 82% with art sports in the north east. If you can mount a dish where it would be unseen from the road/neighbours etc i would go for a 90 cm dish with a motor

danielgoodman
25-12-2006, 12:25 AM
cheers guys, i might be albe to hide a 90cm dish ona motor on my new house but i'd have to check which sats i could get in that direction. I've read a few sat dish alignment guides on here and they sound helpful so dependant on how i get on with the mini-dish i might have to invest in a decent dish when i move to my new house....

Any particular place to shop for this kind of dish and motor?

Cheers guys very helpful advice :D

Dan

dx100-uk
25-12-2006, 09:48 PM
ebay or maplins or cpc.co.uk
very cheap

dx100uk:redbud:

sliky
29-12-2006, 10:24 PM
you should be able to get astra 19 dregrees east with a mini dish with pretty good signal theres a good few channels to be had there at the mo

sliky
29-12-2006, 10:27 PM
and don't forget to check out hot bird aswell 13 degrees east also pretty easy to pick up with mini dish

kwerrett
11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I get a great signal using a 60cm dish on a motor. I tune into Astra1&2 plus hotbird mostly and very rarely have any signal breakup. I watch loads of football and there are some good sites showing all daily listings.

jeff1978
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi guys, i'm pretty new to the scene.....well the sat scene anyhow....had experience with cable but moving to non-cable area now so got to make changes :( I have purchased a sat version of the sagem dbox2 (currently at my mates having new image loaded).......which im hoping to use with a sky mini-dish initally.
SO a few Questions have arisen.
1) What sat(s) do you recommend i point it at to get the best range of channels? i'm after more sport (football) than anything else but it'd all be appreciated.
2) I know the mini-dish is pretty poor for reception purposes so what are my options as regards to dishes...(i'd prefer to keep whatever dish i have on the wall so that limits me but i thought i'd ask the pro's.
Fire away guys...
Cheers, Dan
your sly dish is to small to get most satellites i use a funkie alloy dish very light and a high gain dish i had to use this dish as i didnt get a very good signal on the other dishs (triax)it only got me 50-55 percent signal on astra 19.2 put the funkie on and the signal went up to 85-90 percent signal i use the funkie think its just under a meter but it preforms like a 1.2 meter dish i get from 45 east to 45 west no problem with a diseq 1.2 motor on a technomate 1500ci super. the dish is about 50-60 pound but well worth the money.

hope this helps jeff1978

danielgoodman
03-03-2007, 10:00 PM
cheers guys, my mates got the box right now uploading a new image, i'm moving soon to a different area so doesnt make sense installing a dish here just yet....but deffinately getting multi-room sly soon and maybe a few channels off of the d-box too...who knows...

Thanks guys for the info on wheich sats and dishes to use...when im in my new house i'll get cracking :D

Cheers

Dan