PDA

View Full Version : removing wood chip paper

haz1
18-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Help need to remove woodchip paper from the bedroom which has may layers of paint
is there an easy way to remove paper
any tips wpuld be helpful

hacker
18-12-2006, 10:38 PM
This sounds really daft mate but it worked for me, i moved into my house a few years back and the idiots in it before me had nearly every single wall and ceiling covered in the stuff with every colour of the rainbow painted onto it, it was like plastic ffs, i spend a whole day on one wall and decided to take durastic action as i didnt want to be at it for weeks. i went to the shed lifted my old trusty bosh belt sander, plugged it in an took off every layer of paint on the motherf**ker, sprayed it with water after and scrapped of the remains, i had the whole house done in 2 days,its daft but it surely worked for me, try and c

dx100-uk
19-12-2006, 12:58 AM
stream lance.
get one of the many steam walpaper strippers and put the lance on it.
like butter through a hot knife:star: :star: :star:

dx100uk:6:

steven
30-12-2006, 09:56 PM
well i just boil the kettle put the hot water in a bawl and wet the cloth thn wet the wall and thn get scraper on it works like a dream 4 me.

shug14
03-02-2007, 08:27 PM
slash the paper with a stanley nife repeatedly and soak with water a couple of times comes off no hassle then.

03-02-2007, 08:53 PM
slash the paper with a stanley nife repeatedly and soak with water a couple of times comes off no hassle then.
i stand by this one all the way

Hitman
03-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree this is the only way really but still dont always make it that easy.

If you could fill the room with steam for a few hours this might work but if its had an oil based paint on it then its down to pure elbow grease.

There must be a niche in the market for something to solve this problem!

mcfisco
04-02-2007, 10:21 AM
It was 6 years before I finally managed to get all the wood chip out of our house - that stuff is the work of Beelzebub himself.

pt1up1
04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
These days if I have any wallpaper to remove I use my steamer. Once you get a start it comes of a dream. I have even removed Artex with it.

woohoo128
05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I have spent many years taking the stuff of other people's walls and have tried different things . the only thing I found works is elbow grease and an American blade scraper once you start you just can't stop lol ps I do agree this stuff is the work of the devil

Shipoftheline
05-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I agree with steven if you don't want to get one of those steamers then use a kettle(s) and steam the room

sparksofscotland
05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
get yourself a heat gun mate. they cost about 20 quid and are available from most DIY shops such as B&Q and homebase. u just point the gun at the paper while its on full blast and it will fall away almost by itself. also works on paint, much better than any scrapers or wall paper strippers, paint strippers etc and a bargain at 20 quid!!

garlad
01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
bought some of that yellow wallpaper remover, diluted it right down with water, sprayed, waited 15 minutes, came off no bother

stephenoc
01-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I had the same scenario, moved into a place with 20 years of wallpaper o'er wallpaper, paint etc ....hired a wallpaper steamer from the local DIY store, scored the surface of the walls with a stanle knife and job done!!.... bit of filling to afterwards....but walls look positively splendid now ;)

kamrez224
01-03-2007, 05:38 PM
get a steamer ,easiest way