View Full Version : Gas Hob

18-12-2006, 05:48 PM
I've just installed our new kitchen and we now have an electric oven and gas hob. I have the old black tube that fitted to the old gas cooker but it doesnt fit to the new gas hob :(

I've spoken to a few people today and now it looks like you have to have solid pipe fitted to new hobs?

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about this?


19-12-2006, 01:29 AM
yep its all down to the new regs.
you are no longer allowed to even connect the bayonet type without getting it corgi inspected, so manu's have removed them to save an unnecessary cost.

if you diy it will invalidate your house insurance


23-03-2007, 09:13 PM
No if`s or but`s mate, it has to be installed by a corgi reg plummer

24-03-2007, 12:43 AM
and has to be a solid rigid pipe. been like this a fair few years now

24-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Solid pipe, corgi plumber or no insurance, try ratedtradesman.com
Quite good site for reliable workmen

Hope you get it sorted, if you do it yourself please check for leaks as you know you can get carbon monoside poisoning from the gas.

Happened in a house i was working in an a non corgi plumber fitted the cooker.........bye bye company :(


07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
yes new regs sorry m8