PDA

View Full Version : cs and talk talk

yunus
17-12-2006, 03:21 PM
has anybody any experience of setting c s using talk talk broadband

danielgoodman
18-12-2006, 10:23 PM
slightly off topic but how the hell did you manage to get talk talk broadband to work! a few of my mates have had nothing but problem after problems with them....not recieving letters/details....not activating line, technical faults.....crap customer service etc......

You must be one of the lucky ones :D
Dan

yunus
05-01-2007, 11:28 PM
took 3 months for broadband activaion. had probs with their modem so bought my own router. works fine now. only problem is they block ports therefore if you want to download movies peer to peer you cant. i think they do the same for cs.

digidude
06-01-2007, 09:19 PM
as long as you and the person(s) you are card sharing with communicate to each other this shouldnt really cause a problem as you will be able to edit your config files to use ANY port untill you find one that isnt blocked, or try randomly pinging ports to find which ones are ok

yunus
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
person who i was sharing with could talk to my dreambox via his computer but try as he might he could not see me on his server. he has around 30 people hooked up to his server but he just couldnt get mine going.

krazylegz
13-01-2007, 12:06 AM
as digidude said m8 the broadband has nothing to do with it m8 just aslong as all ports are configured properly in router and router is pointing to dreambox. if having trouble try setting it up as a dmz server(all ports open) till you get it going then configure the ports required