PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio Problem

aj2169
15-12-2006, 08:14 PM
I have another problem with my laptop this time , a few weeks ago my cisco wireless pcmcia card stopped working for no reason. i have tried another card and my xp homw will just not recognise it . ive tried installing drivers , scanning hardware and all sorts but my laptop will still not recognise them or any other pcmcia device.

any help much appreciated

aj2169
16-12-2006, 03:20 PM
someone must have had a similar problem to this ?? i dont really want to take in to a hardware repair shop but i think i am going to have to .

either that or i buy a usb wireless device to connect to my wireless router ??

y2krog2000
16-12-2006, 03:28 PM
The only thing I can think of is try and get the latest drivers for your card from their website.

aj2169
16-12-2006, 03:34 PM
tried that and it didnt work , the light on the card does not even come on as though the pcmcia slot does not even recognise that a device is plugged in . if it was a driver issue i would still get a light on the card stating some sort a status ?? or would i ??

stooby
19-12-2006, 11:39 PM
do you have any more pcmcia slots on the Vaio? if so test with this one...if not try the card in another laptop to see if its getting power.

try entering the bios to see if its been disabled in there...also check device manager for any disabled devices. although it does sound like a dud card...

s