PDA

View Full Version : Combi boiler

fondiler
15-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi
I was just wondering roughly how much these cost to have installed?
I have an emersion boiler at the moment, so my understanding ( very limited) is that they do away with all your old system and you end up with a small heater that only heats water when you need it?

This would be ideal and free up a massive cupboard at the same time. Is this true or have I got the wrong end of the stick so to speak.
Cheers

DessertDog
15-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Combi's are ok but remember if your wife is running water down stairs and some one wants a bath the pressure will drop i had one ages ago they have improved a bit but make sure you check it out fully not sure of the price of them now but a search on google should bring you some results.

nss1888
15-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I've got one and it's no bad....

Your right, it does take a while to fill a bath, but the benifits are there as well...

have a look here :

vokera (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. It'll give you an idea of price and capacity etc...

Del_RFC
15-12-2006, 06:42 PM
I've got one and it's no bad....
Your right, it does take a while to fill a bath, but the benifits are there as well...
have a look here :
vokera - The best resource in 2006 - Get Free Gifts (http://vokera)
It'll give you an idea of price and capacity etc...

I have a Vokera (re-badged as Sabre model) and it more than does the job. I paid around ?350 for the boiler. Comes in a Vokera box, Vokera paperwork and Vokera guarantee. Saved around ?50.

I would expect to pay at least ?300 for a simple changeover with minimal pipework. I had mine moved from to an upstairs cupboard, all pipework and radiators replaced with thermo valves on all but one. Total cost was around ?850 parts and ?1100 labour.

lfckev
16-12-2006, 05:45 PM
a swap from conventional to combi system usaully cost about ?1400
this is with a condensing boiler

chrisd
16-12-2006, 07:02 PM
thats the only drawback the pressure isnt too good but thats the price u pay for instant hot water

krazylegz
16-12-2006, 07:28 PM
the pressure is still a lot better than my current system,a hot water tank in the loft (gravity fed). i'm ready to get my combi in next year,got my mixer shower in ready when i replaced bathroom sweet. i cant wait to get a combi back,missed my old one dearly since i moved:(

Duffy
17-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I have just had the job done. Boiler ?500 from B+Q, Fitting, removal of old ?550.

fergalsworld
17-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Some central heating manufactures are testing a free standing boiler with a
emersion tank (half the size of the old original ones) built in as they have
realised its cheaper and cost effected to go down this root.
One draw back is you should see the size of the fooker lol.

lfckev
17-12-2006, 10:21 PM
if you fit a good enough boiler like a baxi 30 or saunier duval 30 kw you should have no problem with pressure if you buy cheap you get cheap

Calico
19-12-2006, 08:54 PM
If you do get a new system in m8. Make sure you take the old immersion boiler to the scrap yard yourself.
I just took my old ellison tank yesterday, and got over fifty quid for it:banana4: . enough to get drunk a couple of times over christmas lol.:Bottle_of_wine:

Abu_ali
28-12-2006, 12:26 AM
combi boiler can save you money on you bill, if you concern about pressure make sure to get a boiler with flow rate of 10liter and above