PDA

View Full Version : Now/next epg with gemini 2.9

sambo
06-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm using osbourne's gemini 2.9 backup (thanks btw!).

I'm new to the dreambox, so hopefully I'm doing something silly, but I can't find a decent EPG in gemini.

Pushing info while watching a channel brings up the OSD, which says "no epg info found" or something similar. Pressing info again brings up the program information box, which DOES show the program name and description.

I'm hoping that something is configured wrong and that's why the OSD/EPG is not displaying any information, which in turn is stopping me from finding a decent way of looking at what programs are currently showing from a large channel list.

Please let me know if you need any more information, I'm still learning so it's tricky to know what to give you.

Thanks

edit: Stupidly forgot to mention that I'm running a dm-500c in the UK.

eeyzka
06-06-2006, 04:45 PM
hi m8!

i can tell ur new with this post cus its the only problem with gemini images u dont get a now and next epg its gotta do sumthing wid the way the image is made it isnt dsigned to cope with the cc way of streaming the epg i think,

but the way u can get sum sort of now and next epg is by going to the settings menu there shud be an option on dishnetwrk jus change that 2 yes from no

this givs u now and next epg but it takes about 10 seconds to cum i.e when u change onto a channel wait for about 10 secs to et the now and nxt epg

sambo
07-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I am new to this yeah. I do understand how annoying and frustrating questions like this can be to some people, but I do like to know how things work by fiddling and research. Unfortunately I've had to resort to asking for help, which is much appreciated.

Funnily enough, I did try changing that setting to no. Maybe I wasn't being patient enough but I didn't notice any difference. The "mini-epg" that comes up on a channel change/info button press didn't seem to update. I'll have to try again when I get some spare time, back on an alternative STB at the moment though.

Is there actually a full EPG on gemini? I can get the listings for individual channel changes, but not a large list of all channels with current/future programs. Seems strange as the excellent recording capabilities are begging for a large epg with scheduling etc, so strange that I'm pretty sure I'm being incredibly dense.

I was pretty impressed with neutrino on a dbox2 I saw, will probably have to switch over as I can see not knowing what is on a channel straight after a channel change being very frustrating. Shame as some people on this forum have mentioned stability issues with it.

thermos
10-06-2006, 10:39 AM
I have Neutrino an it freezes on me regularly, sometimes i have to just avoid visiting particular channels as it always gets stuck on them, then everything just becomes unresponsive an i have to pull the power. It does have a nice epg, but im not sure its worth it for the decreased stability. I havent had the chance to try gemini, but if its as stable as people say it is, i think id prefer that. :D

Devilfish
10-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I would definately recommend going to Gemini. I have the same problems with UK04 and Gemini has never missed a beat since I've had it on. It's a bitch to setup the bouquets though, but worth it for the increased stability.