PDA

View Full Version : starview

tl1000rw
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi Guys
Can anyone help
Can you set starview box to preorder channel change so that it auto changes to new channel at the start of a program?
Thanks
tl1000rw.

ste03
10-12-2006, 02:43 AM
i dont think so, however i think there is an option to do with that in the menu

lucid
28-12-2006, 03:32 AM
it has a basic timer of sorts so that it can come on at a particular tim on a channel then later change to another channel or go off then come back on later on a different ch etc

You can program 8 events once or daily but as you cant set the date it operates over a 24hr period. Which is a bit of a drag. Its not related to the EPG etc not set via reminder like slybox etc

thelostone
17-01-2007, 04:44 PM
it has a basic timer of sorts so that it can come on at a particular tim on a channel then later change to another channel or go off then come back on later on a different ch etc
You can program 8 events once or daily but as you cant set the date it operates over a 24hr period. Which is a bit of a drag. Its not related to the EPG etc not set via reminder like slybox etcI have a starview but can not find that how do you use that?

thelostone
17-01-2007, 05:13 PM
update i have sorted it but my box keeps crap time anyone else have this prob? is this timer function any better or worse on the other boxes ie the db or eruovox

Dr X
20-01-2007, 01:12 PM
@ lost
I think you will find it happens on a lot of the starview boxes, from the 1st version to the 2nd ones.
Not much that cna be done to reslove the matter from what i gather ;)

thelostone
20-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks dr x maybe starview should bring out an update if that would help

Dr X
24-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I know there is a yahoo group, and its not atall bad for such, but while its working, even if in parts is a bit flimsey as they say, i dont think anyone will be bothered about it.
I might have a wee look into it myself and see what i can do to change a few things, and hopefull help other like yourself in regards to the type of box ;)

thelostone
24-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks mate for any help, hopefully i will be investing a dbox or dreambox not sure which is best for me and my son will be having the starview.You can bet your life i will have more probs with that box when he gets it than anything else :-)

lucid
19-02-2007, 12:45 AM
yeah the timer is not brilliant to say the least. let alone the fact you cannot set a date meaning that all the 8 events that can be programmed have to be over a 24 hour period which is rubbish really.