PDA

View Full Version : DM500c Picture problem

hanman
07-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I have just got my Dreambox and scanned for channels in my area. I have received most channels using the Bruteforce scan however, when i view the channels the picture quality is extremely poor(using scart). The screen is very dark. no matter how i adjust the brightness/contrst etc the picture is poor. it is very difficult to make out the image on the screen. Is the picture effected by the signal quality/strength? i have tried using a booster but this causes channels to not appear.

I am using the latest gemini image.

Has anyone else experienced this?

John
20-12-2006, 01:05 AM
nicked from eleswhere "there is a RGB modification for the dreambox where you solder a 10k resistor in parallel with R109 inside the box. the reason for that is that some tv's the ttl voltage drops too much so that picture quality turns bad so if you do that modification its cures it.
here is the picture for the fix. i have done mine and it works.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. hope this helps."
i use a scart to component cable and setting box to YUV and that makes the picture crystal clear

aBuLhAgaG
21-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I have just got my Dreambox and scanned for channels in my area. I have received most channels using the Bruteforce scan however, when i view the channels the picture quality is extremely poor(using scart). The screen is very dark. no matter how i adjust the brightness/contrst etc the picture is poor. it is very difficult to make out the image on the screen. Is the picture effected by the signal quality/strength? i have tried using a booster but this causes channels to not appear.
I am using the latest gemini image.
Has anyone else experienced this?

What television are you using? Is this a common issue people have?

Donnie Darko
22-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Try another scart lead,altenatively if it came from dvb shop???return it under the 12mth warranty.

Perfectionist
23-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Does the brute force scan find more channels than scanning the shown frequencies ??

ssghatore
27-12-2006, 04:13 PM
i had same problem and did what John did..seemed to solve the problem

aBuLhAgaG
27-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Hmmm, I was about to buy one of these, surely this type of mod invalidates any warranty...

scruff1963
28-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Hmmm, I was about to buy one of these, surely this type of mod invalidates any warranty...
it does, ok for a 2nd hand box but i would send a new one back.

aBuLhAgaG
28-12-2006, 01:40 AM
cool, that makes a lot more sense, being new to this I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't the expected behaviour from a new box