PDA

View Full Version : xbox softmod kit

bladesftp
07-12-2006, 12:34 PM
hello can anyone help me out and lend me their softmod kit please would be much appreciated its so i can mod my nephews xbox that he getting for xmas

cheers

Collider
10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Done ;)

have fun

JJAMES.1
13-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Hey Could SomeOne Give Me Alone Of To Pls Need To Mod Mine

Much Appreciated James

Jabo
13-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Remember, the hardware you'll need -

Action Replay or memory card with USB dongle
Splinter Cell original (not platinum edition), Mech Warrior or 007 Agent Under Fire

I recommend googling for Waffletools. A very simple to install package with uninstall options.

tinkertiler
14-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Remember, the hardware you'll need -
Action Replay or memory card with USB dongle
Splinter Cell original (not platinum edition), Mech Warrior or 007 Agent Under Fire
I recommend googling for Waffletools. A very simple to install package with uninstall options.

That should be Mech Assault not mech warrior. And there is another way of doing it with Ndure pack but i never got into that as i had all the gear for the mech assault way.

kristok
15-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I did the ndure method its easy enough only thing you need to do thats any way hard is remove the hard drive at the right time while the xbox is starting up in order to unlock your hard drive. Ps this is potentially dangerous as your xbox and pc are both on when you do this.

JJAMES.1
15-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey , Wos Wondering If The Xbiox Live Still Works aftir I Mod It This Way ?

Thanks For Your Help .. I Just Need To Get A New Memory Card

Speedy2206
15-12-2006, 07:54 PM
I didnt use any special hardware at all.

Just get an old/spare/unused controller and cut off the port at the end. You will see that there are 5 coloured wires inside. Now get an old unused USB cable (or buy one for a quid at your local mr cheap or cutprice) and cut one end off that too - you will see that the USB cable also has 5 coloured wires.

Both items are colour coded the same, so all you'll need to do is join each colour together. Install the Action Replay software to your PC (available online everywhere, you dont need to buy it) but dont run it just yet.

Now plug in your controller (without memory card) and it will be recognized as a joystick device (but probably wont install due to lack of drivers). Ignore the new hardware message, and insert the memory card. It will now detect the controller as an 'unknown device'. Just locate the drivers in the action replay installation directory and the device will be successfully installed.

All you need to do now is start the Action Replay software and copy the required exploit to your memory card. Afterwards, take the memory card out and put it into a controller connected to your XBOX. Copy the exploit to your HDD using the standard XBOX dashboard, and load the 'savegame' with Splinter Cell (original, not platinum edition), Mech Assault or 007 Agent Under Fire :) job done.

So all you really need is a USB cable, an old XBOX controller (most people have loads), a memory card and the required game. The software is available to download via the net, so need to go out and buy a dongle or just complicated hard disk swapping techniques :)

USB cable = ?1.00 maximum, but most people have one lying around.
XBOX controller = ?3.00 maximum, but most people have one lying around.
Memory card = ?1.00 maximum secondhand, but most have one they can use.
Game = ???. I picked up Spliter Cell original from Cash Converters for ?1.50

Total cost for me? Just ?1.50 and 3 minutes of my time :)

DessertDog
15-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Is there no end to your tallent Speedy lol well done m8

JJAMES.1
29-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I Was Wondering Where I Could Get A Memory Card .. I Dont Have PayPal :( And Game Have Stoped Selling Themm.
Can I Use Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow ?
Thanks For Your Help Mate

ross_phill
29-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Anyone know if theres this sort of thing for the 360?