PDA

View Full Version : The New Nintendo Wii

Gazer
04-12-2006, 11:47 PM
http://wii.nintendo.com/images/03_whatiswii/photo_console.jpg

Design

Featuring a compact design that makes it a natural addition to any television setup, the Wii console is white in color and can be displayed either vertically or horizontally.

Compatibility

The Wii is backward-compatible to all Nintendo GameCube games and includes four ports for controllers and two slots for memory cards.

Media

A single self-loading media bay plays single- or double-layered 12-cm optical discs for the Wii console, as well as 8-cm Nintendo GameCube discs.

Input / Output

Input: Four Wii Remotes can communicate with Wii, which features a bay for an SD memory card.
Output: An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.

CPU / GPU

PowerPC CPU (code-named "Broadway"), made with a 90nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM; GPU developed with ATI.

Wii Console Stand

Display your Wii in style using the Wii console stand. Wii can also lie flat without the Wii console stand.

Size

About 8.5 inches long, 6 inches wide and less than 2 inches thick (roughly the size of 3 DVD cases stacked on top of each other).

Network

The Wii console communicates wirelessly with the Internet via wireless or a Wii LAN adaptor. Wii also can connect wirelessly with Nintendo DS.

ricroc911
07-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Looks very good but not sure about games on it, they dont look too good

wudzy
08-12-2006, 09:04 PM
this looks a good console but the xbox 360 is hard to beat for games

Timoweb
08-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Wii.com (http://uk.wii.com/exp/)

borosmoggy
08-12-2006, 09:55 PM
You cant seem to buy them anywhere at the mo very limited stocks and no guarantee that you will get yours before xmas if ordered online only place i can find any is ebay unless anybody knows a shop that still has any ??

rasta456
08-12-2006, 09:56 PM
sounds like a vey good console have 2 get me 1 of these

trinitys_mate
09-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Iv got my wii and all i can say is its FANTASTIC, problem is i cant get my girlfriend of it.:banned:

trinitys_mate
10-12-2006, 02:15 AM
my local game said they should have some more in that arent preordered a couple of days before christmas.

colin784
16-12-2006, 03:00 PM
my local GAME store says delveries just turn up without notice, and not all consoles are reserved.