Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Wii

Hidden Content Originally Posted by The-Wappy-One Hidden Content
    [url]http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f145
    and to those who say its a sooped up souped-up Gamecube

Yes is its in the same way a PS3 is a souped-up PS2

and the 360 is a souped-up Xboxl
    Oh come off it Hidden Content the 360 and PS3 are true next gen machines which have extremely powerful engines under the hud. The Wii well lets have a look shall we,

The GameCube has a single-threaded PowerPC processor running at 485 MHZ. The Wii's processor, running at 729MHz, is faster.
    The GameCube has 24 MB of RAM. The Wii has 88 MB of RAM.
    The video card in the GameCube has 16 MB of video RAM, while the Wii has 88 MB.
    Now you see why I said the Wii was just a souped-up gamecube
    Last edited by Shipoftheline; 16-03-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I think what i've said has been misunderstood

Yes i Agree that the X-box and the PS3 are Supiror in the tec front and any one who says other wise is a fruit loop. they are MORE POWERFULL machines BUT! that does not make them better consoles?

because 1 could argue the ps3 is not 100% console as it is more aimed as a Home Entertainment system aswell (hope you understand what i mean there)..

what i ment is by my comment ..

People say its a tweaked gamecube ect ect ect bla bla bla... if that was the case why is it doing so well..... the GC Flopped bigtime but the wii has not. so there is something different about it ... yes.

Why i get a little frustrated is for this reason more... and its more me being picky...

NEX GEN.... AKA Next generation... when people use that term what do you truly mean ... the wii IS a Next generation console its the as one would put it the offspring of the GC to wii has improvments non the less

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Me
    Yes the are more diffidences when comparing the old and new of the brand and the ps3 being the biggest change..

A generation can refer to stages of successive improvement in the development of a technology such as the internal combustion engine, or successive iterations of products with planned obsolescence, such as video game consoles or mobile phones

Which i will agree <--- is not much but its there non the less.

and to

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Ship
    Oh come off it Hidden Content the 360 and PS3 are true next gen machines which have extremely powerful engines under the hud.
    well i dont want my words to come out wrong here and start a shout off so i'll try and put it the best way i can ...

that comment is as acurate as me saying

"I'm better in bed than most as i have a bigger todger"

Hidden Content trying to keep it on the light side there.. Hidden Content so what if it has a more powerful engine under the hud.. Does that really make it better? same as having a bigger todger dont make you better in bed.

Wappy

P.s my comments aren't meant to offend or get people backs up and if they have they weren't meant to.

Post Thanks
    Chats

because 1 could argue the ps3 is not 100% console as it is more aimed as a Home Entertainment system aswell (hope you understand what i mean there)..
    Yep the 360 & PS3 are powerfull enough to do more then just play games

People say its a tweaked gamecube ect ect ect bla bla bla... if that was the case why is it doing so well..... the GC Flopped bigtime but the wii has not. so there is something different about it ... yes.
    Well you've seen the spec of the GC compared to the Wii so know what it really is however the Wii has a new fad which has got the interest of alot of people and that's about it (my opinion)

Why i get a little frustrated is for this reason more... and its more me being picky...
    NEX GEN.... AKA Next generation... when people use that term what do you truly mean ...
    I'd say the fact that the PS3 & 360 are HD makes them next gen myself but when you add the awesome power too it's hard to say there not

the wii IS a Next generation console its the as one would put it the offspring of the GC to wii has improvments non the less
    A generation can refer to stages of successive improvement in the development of a technology such as the internal combustion engine, or successive iterations of products with planned obsolescence, such as video game consoles or mobile phones
    Which i will agree <--- is not much but its there non the less.
    and to
    well i dont want my words to come out wrong here and start a shout off so i'll try and put it the best way i can ...
    that comment is as acurate as me saying
    "I'm better in bed than most as i have a bigger todger"
    Hidden Content trying to keep it on the light side there.. Hidden Content so what if it has a more powerful engine under the hud.. Does that really make it better? same as having a bigger todger dont make you better in bed.
    Wappy
    P.s my comments aren't meant to offend or get people backs up and if they have they weren't meant to.

Can I just ask then apart from the new control the Wii use's what makes it so different from the Gamecube ? We know what makes the other two so different but I've only seen the controller in the wii corner.

I'm not saying the Wii is bad but my opinion is that it is clearly nothing more than a souped up GC with a new style controller thats grabbed peoples imagination
    Last edited by Shipoftheline; 16-03-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Let me tell you something!

I bought a Wii recently and they are brilliant for having a laugh with the mates and a few beers before you go out.
    but watch your telly on the boxing game, people just get a bit too excited, neraly punched my telly off the wall Hidden Content

Brilliant tho..........

Not the best console, but probably the best for a laugh/fun
    (unless you have singstar for PS2 and can't sing worth a fu<k)

Good times

Mick

Post Thanks
    Chats

does anybody know where can i get Wii game,cant get it for anywhere

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by kamrez224 Hidden Content
    does anybody know where can i get Wii game,cant get it for anywhere
    do you mean wii play?Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

i heard it is a good exercise for the family

Post Thanks
    Chats

The Wii is more of a "novelty" console. I like my superior graphics over the playability. Im going to still get the PS3 though. Remember the 360 has been out a lot longer than the PS3 so the games are more developed. You cannot compare a current 360 game vs a current PS3 game. Games get next gen aswell. The game developers are currently only using 20% percent of the cell power and it matches the 360. Once they harvest the full 90-100% it would be simply amasing.

Sony where late shipping the PS3 Dev-Kits. One of them even landed on somebody elses doorstep.
    Last edited by zerofool2005; 16-06-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

i think it is a great console,i bought it for my daughters,i found it to be an excellent exercising machine .when u play games like tennis ,boxing on it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Smile Re: Wii

Agree , it demonstrates a new way of playing games, in a usable way (I think other motion sensitive 'consoles' have been there before (e.g. the dancing mat), but this one is much more generic. Just needs a few more interesting games to be written for it now. (the sports bundle is still the best IMHO).

Post Thanks
    Chats

I think the ps3 and 360 concentrate more on graphics and making the game look good, but the wii is more about gameplay.

Post Thanks
    Chats

its a shame they dont make it less responsive, i dont want to be able to swing my club at the flick of a wrist. i want it to be based on my actual swing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12