Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23252627282930313233
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Channel not available and freezing

Hidden Content Originally Posted by pieeater Hidden Content
    I have flashed many boxes both sagem and Nokia and have tried many of the so called "better" images to help with freezing boxes and still end up going back to my favourite sportster image its cyro_sportster_1_7_1xuk02(or 2x depending on box)
    works on most boxes and has scan for 6887 and 6952
    this image seems to be very stable
    tried all the other fixes removing modem etc sometimes just ends up being a weak or broken tuner then has to be binned
    hope this helps
    Pieeater
    Thanks for that info but I cannot locate that image in the downloads. Any chance of posting a link to it please ???

Post Thanks
    Chats

I've noticed in here alot of people suggest running Boosters to improve signal quality and stop any freezing, im considering using one although i only get the odd freeze/breakup. Im slightly concerned that you could over-amplify the signal though ?

Often cable installations come with attenuators in the line or wall box, surely they are their for a reason? I doubt you could damage a receiver by over amplifying the signal but if you have a bad S.N.R. wont amplifying the signal just boost the noise level as well ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by NeilJay Hidden Content
    I've noticed in here alot of people suggest running Boosters to improve signal quality and stop any freezing, im considering using one although i only get the odd freeze/breakup. Im slightly concerned that you could over-amplify the signal though ?
    Often cable installations come with attenuators in the line or wall box, surely they are their for a reason? I doubt you could damage a receiver by over amplifying the signal but if you have a bad S.N.R. wont amplifying the signal just boost the noise level as well ?
    The SLX1 from b+q or the SLX1P from argos usually sorts the channel not available message
    the sig and snr % will increase on the box this is normal also try a image wih gbx in for freezing issue's.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

i've been having this problem for ages, thot it was maybe an overheating issue tho coz it happened with 3 different images.

can u please explain what gbx is??

Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

will an slx booster let me send my cable to a nother room

Post Thanks
    Chats

18mts since the last post!

what cable do you mean?
    broadband or just for the dbox?

if you mean putting a cm on the end then no
    it has not got bb passthru

dx
    its nice here....

Post Thanks
    Chats

I had similar problems with some channels too. It turned out that there were interferences at that frequency. I tried my receiver at my friend's who lived down the street and the problems disappeared.

I couldn't do anything about those interferences because I didn't know where they were coming from. But after some years they disappeared. It turns out that at the same time a neighbour moved out. I suspect some of his electronic equipment was generating those interferences.