Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Tech Freeview+ Play HD

Hi...
    Is there a really good solid Recordable Freeview+ box with Freeview Play... HD obviously...

Cheers

Jed

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Humax is a good bet mate
    Hidden Content
    argos amongst others sell them
    They also make vouview boxes that also have 4k channels if you have a bt sub Hidden Content
    Loads of places sell them , I have the youview box and imo they are easy to use and can be had with a 1tb hard drive for not to much money
    You pays your money you makes your choice
    Last edited by thelostone; 13-03-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

3. Likes berley liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I was looking at Hidden Content

But someone else has recommended http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1834426?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158

Post Thanks
    Chats
    The second one is a youview box like I suggested , the Panasonic imo are a good buy, for that money look on fleabay for a DTR - T4000

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thelostone Hidden Content
    The second one is a youview box like I suggested , the Panasonic imo are a good buy, for that money look on fleabay for a DTR - T4000
    The BT Ultra HD YouView Box UHD DTR-T4000/1TB with Twin HD Freeview and 7 Day Catch Up TV states.... Wi-Fi is not supported

Post Thanks
    Chats
    These all seam to have Freeview Play... Are there any with the freeview plus features?

Post Thanks
    Chats
    There are some differences between the boxes it depends on what you are after , for some reason non of the youview boxes have built in wifi they have to be plugged in to your router via cable . One thing that I know is missing from them is the ability to be able to add a few mins of recording time either side of a program either side of the start and finish times ,in case like a live program if it starts early or over runs . I think they are trying to add that feature amongst others as for the other type of boxes I have no idea .The best advice I can give you being as I have never owned the other box you are looking at is give richer sounds a ring they should be able to give you some good advice

Hidden Content

9. Likes berley liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    thats the freeview plus features.... all programs give the boxes a signal so they start right at the beginning and finish right at the end... also they deal with split programs, so if you're recording a movie and theres a break in the middle for the news, it stops the recording and then starts it again for the next part, to skip the news out and make a complete movie..

I'm looking at buying a box, but I want one that does it all, not one where i wish i'd got the other one a few months down the line

Post Thanks
    Chats
    So down to two.... the favourite is BT Ultra HD YouView Box UHD DTR-T4000 found here Hidden Content

However I'm unsure if it will work with my TV which is an LG 47LM860V as the player states... Ensure your TV can support Ultra HD (HDMI 2.0 input that can handle HDCP 2.2)

I just cant find any listings for my TV to check

Post Thanks
    Chats
    According to this site
    Hidden Content
    Your HDMI version is
    HDMI (version) 1.4
    As far as I can find out
    HDMI 2.0 socket, compatible with HDCP 2.2 and capable of outputting 2160/50p images with 10-bit colour
    I have no idea if your tv can show 2160/50p images with 10-bit colour ? I know a lot of todays 4k tv screens do not have a 10bit panel
    As far as I know HDMI 1.4 inputs support 4K/30p and HDCP 2.2 were as HDMI 2.0 inputs support (4K/60p, HDR and HDCP 2.2)
    the only other advice I can give you other than what I already have is mrs lost has the same box you are looking at and I set it up on my 8 year Panasonic plasma no probs . I have a youview box connected to my panasonic as I have said , admittedly and older one and have no probs with it
    Worth checking to see if you have any updates for your tv I do not know if they can upgrade the hdmi to a 2.0 ??

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    so went shopping today, pretty much trying to get a retailer to hold his hands up one way or another and say yes it will work or no it wont, pretty much everyone sat on the fence... so we ended up buying the BT Youview+ which definitely does work...

many thanks to everyone :-)

14. Likes Gazer liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Glad you got it sorted let us know what you think

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    it has a couple of design flaws, but its software... and the remote sucks Hidden Content
    the 2 buttons on the remote that get used the most are too close together... makes menu navigation a pain, when you move around the menus and hit the back button, and so have to start again...

Then software issues... if you record a program and click to record the series, it records every one, even the repeats, which blows as the wife records ant and dec and we now have 3 of the same episode on the player....

other than that i recon its a half decent box... a bit small Hidden Content it looks lost on the shelf

Post Thanks
    Chats
    There are other remotes for the youview boxes me thinks you have the same one as mrs lost , I have the old one (t-1000 box) imo better . Now you come to mention it the last time I set a series link on mine I am sure it gave me the option to just record the new programs not the repeats . May be that is another function they will be brining back after the software update they did a while back

Hidden Content